The online racing simulator
DFP questions.
(18 posts, started )
DFP questions.
Hi, just few questions about the logitech driving force pro.

1. Is there anywhere in Australia you can still buy this wheel?

2. Can the shifter be changed to the left side? As I am used to driving rhd cars.

thankyou.
Quote from Stone in Focus :

2. Can the shifter be changed to the left side? As I am used to driving rhd cars.

thankyou.

Nope, it can't be moved
I was under the impression that, like the MOMO Racing, it could be moved to the left hand side .

I could be very well wrong on that though..
well i could be wrong too, but on mine it looks like the plastic is part of the main "body" of the wheel and there are no gaps so that leads me to believe it can't be moved
#5 - Jakg
Quote from mrodgers :I was under the impression that, like the MOMO Racing, it could be moved to the left hand side .

On the Momo you can, on the DFP you can't
Thats ridiculous.

What are my options then?

I want 900 degree's and force feedback.

And the g25 is not an option. Can only spend ~$100USD
#7 - Jakg
Link in my signature to my wheel guide, enjoy!
yeah ive read it its a great guide, but it seems my only other option is the g25 to fit my requirements right?

Whats the go with customizing, cause i'd love a clutch and h pattern shifter, can you buy, make these things seperately to add on the existing wheels?
#9 - Jakg
You can buy a set of ACT Labs Pedals and an ACT Labs H-Shifter, but you'll save at most about $10, and imo the G25 pedals are better (altough the newer pedals are aparently better) - the ACT Labs shifter is aparently better, but i love my wheels pedals and wheel as it is.

IMO i'd get the G25.
Is there a link to this act lab stuff?

What if I got the driving force pro, act lab shifter, and some ghey sidewinder peal to use for the clutch?
#11 - Jakg
ACT Labs

The DFP, the shifter and an old Sidewinder would come to about £110, however a G25 is £140. It's up to you.
Looks like top notch equipment, but my budget doesnt stretch that far.

Im pretty good with electronics and mechanitics (im studying mechatronic engineering at university/college, 2nd year) so I wouldnt mind having a go at making some components myself. The wheel I wont even try due to the ff mainly. But whats involved in making a shifter, and a clutch pedal?
#13 - Jakg
I picked my set of ACT Labs Pedals for £50 if i remember right, second hand though.

If you want some second hand kit, heres a good place to look, i'd be more than happy to sell you my old set of pedals but A. Shipping to Oz would be a nightmare and B. Mine EAT springs, ie a spring broke every 1-2 weeks
If you are starting from scratch (ie. no wheel) your best bet is to buy the G25. You don't get the whole wheel-shifter-3 pedals combo much cheaper than that.
Building them yourself is a lot cheaper though. All you need for a clutch pedal is another cheap wheel and you can use one of the extra pedals as a clutch. For a shifter you need some DIY skills and a cheap gamepad or a FFB joystick.
Look here for guides to building H-shifters, Joystick shifters, pedals etc.. http://forum.rscnet.org/forumdisplay.php?f=186
Yeah, I think for the time being I'll try and get a dfp, and make myself a clutch pedal and a h shifter in workshop.

Wheich leads me back to my first question. Does anyone know where they sell dfp's in Australia? I cant find any on the net.
Most computer/gaming shops should sell them. They might be hidden under PlayStation 2 accessories though.
You can try what I did. Now I saved some money and recently ordered a G25, but that worked very fine for me and I spent only 20€
Attached images
DSC00612.jpg
DSC00616.gif
yeah i think i might do something like that.

Got my dfp today!

DFP questions.
(18 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG