The online racing simulator
STCC Broadcast Information
This is probably directed at Becky Rose, since she produces those broadcasts. I'm doing a similar broadcast in the near future, and was wondering what method you use to do it. I am using a method, but it takes absolutely forever, and wondered if there was a more efficient way. I understand you're busy with much more important things, and you probably think I'm trying to copy you but a little pointer would be extremely helpful and I would appreciate it a lot. I don't actually know how to contact you privately (you've covered your tracks well) so I posted it here.

Thanks for reading (please lock if it isn't supposed to be here )
I don't want to get you down, but Becky is quite busy at the moment and may not reply. I know that the STCC broadcasts took an awful lot of time, effort, patience and energy to produce. It was hard work just listening to one getting done in a month (I can't imagine what actually went into them), so if your method is going to take about the same time (maybe more, maybe less), I'd be pleased with it.
My method is to film the complete race from each camera position, I use around 10-12 cameras around a short track (we dont run long tracks in the STCC) and 2-4 cameras for special shots like the Nascar cam seen in the last few rounds, bumper cams etc. These jump between cars depending on where the action is. To help myself I switch to aerial view when moving car so I know which car I am filming.

In all I take around 7 hours of video footage before I edit it into the 45 minute broadcast.
Quote from Becky Rose :My method is to film the complete race from each camera position, I use around 10-12 cameras around a short track (we dont run long tracks in the STCC) and 2-4 cameras for special shots like the Nascar cam seen in the last few rounds, bumper cams etc. These jump between cars depending on where the action is. To help myself I switch to aerial view when moving car so I know which car I am filming.

In all I take around 7 hours of video footage before I edit it into the 45 minute broadcast.

Damn, that's the same method I'm using! Thanks
may i ask which tools you use, because fraps needs much too much
disk-space for more then a 5min movie
#6 - Jakg
She uses Fraps, and a shedloada HDD's from what i remember
Quote from Jakg :She uses Fraps, and a shedloada HDD's from what i remember

I'm using so much memory, I have to record on half-size. My last video that was only 2 mins long ended up containing 10.5 gigs of data!
I have two drives chained together in a RAID array and I still have to do a 'pre-render' where I convert all the fraps streams into DV format video just to squeeze everything onto my array. This extra step doesnt appear to loose that much quality, but is very time consuming.

Having said that, when you are recording over half a dozen hours with a mouse button held down it's nice to give the hand a rest .

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG