The online racing simulator
How do you create your own sound files for the Engine File?
Ok so I'm aware of Shift+A durning game play, but my qustion/problem is saving a .wav file in the Engine folder for use in game. I was told that the .wav I was trying to use was to long which means it needs to be a smaller wave file, so how do I go about making an exhisting wave file smaller so it can be used in LFS game play. Is there a program or just a certain way to do it?

Thanks again- Mike
sndrec32
audacity
notepad
Quote from wheel4hummer :sndrec32
audacity
notepad

I'm not sure what that means.

I just googled sndrec32 and this is what it said: sndrec32.exe - Here is the scoop on Sound Recorder as it pertains to computer network security. The big question: what is sndrec32.exe and is it spyware, a trojan and if so, how do I get rid of Sound Recorder?
I was just listing programs that you can use to edit an audio file
It's the builtin sound recording program in windows. Start>Accessories>Sound Recorder
Start>run>sndrec32

There is also audacity, which allows you to delete the sound on a byte level if you zoom in enough. http://audacity.sourceforge.net/
ok, do you know what the maxium size file it can be?
Be aware that the synthisized sounds used in LFS are made out of very short samples who do not sound like any engine at all. It sounds more like a snare or gunshot, almost distorted.

These samples are looped and modulated by the LFS soundengine which then becomes like a nice rendered enginesound.

So u actually can import some samples by yourself, ask DaveWS about it, he has quite some experience with this. But don't think u can put in some recorded carsounds becouse this will sound like crap. You need to look for short burst sounds, almost like it's a single explosion of the internal combustion engine.

If you want to use longer recorded 'looped' samples, use CarSoundRemixer instead.

Btw, if u look for a sample editor, try CoolEdit.
the used .wav files are like a single bang from the cylinder. So you can import other sounds, but it will always sound like a inine4, or flat6, depending on the car. LFS takes that .wav file and the soundengine creates a flat, inline or V-engine out of it
whats up?
I ran into that problem last night when I was making a Blow Off for the XRT, HaHaHa...It sounded real crazy. This sounds like it can be tricky, so I'm going to learn step by step.
how do you import your own samples?

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG