The online racing simulator
Thanks to my boss...
(17 posts, started )
#1 - JeDa
Thanks to my boss...
Hi,
Thanks to my boss I have the opertunity to use 2 beamers for playing LFS. I have an ATI 9800 Pro so I installed the beamers as wide screen in 2048x768 resolution. This works also with two normal monitors, but then you have a line in the middle (borders of the monitors). Anyway, LFS looks great on this setup!

and.....

HAHA!, now thats cool!

great work man
Nice. Monitors certainly need to get wider. Makes me wonder why most TFT screens are made narrower than normal. :S
#4 - avih
cool
luuuuuuuuuuckyyyyy
Damn, I started to worry when I saw the "my boss" in the thread title lol.

<<my lfs user name :-P

OT: ooooh, that looks so sweet :-D
Heheheh Alt-Ctrl.

Yeah I wish I had enough room to make such a setup. For now I just use a 21' monitor and it is pretty close to me, so I get a big enough view I guess

I did play LFS once in a ampitheatre once, with a very strong and expensive projector... was incredible (we had a big lan party in there). I don't know the measurements, but the screen was theatre size .

Only got to try it for about an hour though.

But man... two projectors beside you :faint: Doesn't that blow lots of hot air?
Quote from Tweaker :But man... two projectors beside you :faint: Doesn't that blow lots of hot air?

No, the hair dryer does :-P

But that sounds awesome, wonder if the local cinema could lend me their cinema for a day or two, now that would rock
Great looking setup!

I work for Canon, and can borrow all sorts of cameras and printers, but not the projecters (beamers). Too expensive I guess :-/

Guess I have to sweet talk my boss a bit!
Very interesting concept !

In the 70's (grrr previous century already) I worked in the the theater, we just started then with a system called Cinerama, wich needed 3 projectors, with 2 vertical lines also ...
Funny to see how slow the digital improvements basicly are

Nevertheless very interesting !
if i had that setup i'de use a lot lower fov. its great.
that looked awesome!

I've had that idea ages ago, but my room is simply too small for that :P
i cant find the appropriate words to describe how jealous i am ...
#14 - OPK
w00tage

This rocks
#15 - JeDa
Thanks guys!
It's really great driving with two beamers!

Quote : But man... two projectors beside you :faint: Doesn't that blow lots of hot air?

Yep, it gets pretty hot, but that adds to the realism

Quote :if i had that setup i'de use a lot lower fov. its great.

Hmmm, what fov would be more realistic? Has anybody pictures of a more realistic fov?
Doh Wheres The Images Gone?!?

EDIT

erm they've re appeared???!!!
Would you mind to describe how you set up such a widescreen in the ATI driver's menue? As far as I know the ATI driver doesn't support what is called "horizontal span" at NVidia. I would like to try a dual head setup with my 9800pro too, that's why I ask.

Also, what resolution do you use in LFS?

Thanks to my boss...
(17 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG