The online racing simulator
1 tip which never fails. Jump in the seat coming out of the corners. Especially the tight ones. One big jump will increase your revs and you will pick up speed a little quicker. No need to do repeated jumps.
Quote :1 tip which never fails

Until you land back in the seat with the effect of gravity added to your body mass...
Quote from Becky Rose :Until you land back in the seat with the effect of gravity added to your body mass...

Sorry Becky but that's not true. This is something i have tested in the past using a PI (telemetry) and the difference i found was quite substantial. It was 7 or 8 years ago but i think we found about .1 or .2 over a 34 second lap.

It allowed us to run a tooth or 2 smaller and we gained in a straight line then.
do pro karters have their own karts or do they go to the centres and "pick the fastest kart"? not very pro if they do
after all, you wouldn't go to a trackday and ask someone for a lend of their scooby doo
Quote from dadge :do pro karters have their own karts or do they go to the centres and "pick the fastest kart"? not very pro if they do
after all, you wouldn't go to a trackday and ask someone for a lend of their scooby doo

I'm not sure who your directing that question at...?
In the proper Karting world yes drivers have their own karts. Some even have 2 or 3 (one for the wet, one for the dry and one spare). Any in most cases people have several engines, especially in the bigger classes. There are teams (even in Ireland) that run karts as their full time job. They look after maybe 3 or 4 drivers and that's all they do 365 days a year, and make a bloody nice living out of it too.
When I go to my local kart track (indoor) they have a mechanic who races in British F3, I think he is usually running near the back but he knows karts well enough. When I went out on the track with him he was about 3 seconds a lap faster and lapped me like 5 times, anytime he passed me he was sliding the kart. It was a tight track with a couple of hairpins, he was sliding it on entry then just flooring it straight out of the turn. So it must depend on the track.

My first time out I was too worn out after 30 minutes to even attempt to copy his lines, it was hard enough holding onto the wheel, and I am pretty fit when it comes to running and playing tennis, badminton and football, but you really can't prepare for what a kart does to you. My arms were floppy after 20 minutes, and my ribs hurt like hell. Oh and in my opinion you need to forget almost everything you have learnt on LFS and start over.
#32 - Jakg
Indoor seems to be a LOT more slippery than outdoor, and while in outdoor the tack is always changing due to weather, indoor the conditions and the track "grippyness" stays the same. When i went indoor karting i used sliding as a legitamate blocking tecnique, and used the "low grip" painted areas (outlining where barriers should go etc) for my rear wheel on the outside, as you slam on the brakes the kart even turns in for you :P
Setup of the kart,being smooth all them things matter other than that do some testing in karts,you won't be fast straight away takes time and practice.

*Formula A,KF1 are the best*
Quote from Clownpaint :
Just ask Will , I bumped into him in a practice session at Buckmore recently (it was the first time either of us had been there). He was using the smoother, later turn in approach he mentioned above (note: we were in 4 stroke karts) and I was drifting a lot through Pullmans into Paddock, snaking the rear end into Paddock, but maintaining my speed, and I was substantially faster for the first half of the session (in that section) because of this.

man, i was at super 1 the other month at buckmore and your line down the hill is MINT, for some reason it works even tho it SHOULDNT

i was rapid so thanks for showing me that
Quote from ayrton senna 87 :man, i was at super 1 the other month at buckmore and your line down the hill is MINT, for some reason it works even tho it SHOULDNT

i was rapid so thanks for showing me that

Super 1 at Buckmore ? was it Rotax ?
nah m8, tkm S1
Ahh cool nice track.
#39 - Jakg
Lep

You need to get in touch with Shady Osama..... Hes currently Eygpts No1 Karting champion. Scroll to the very bottom of the page in the link Ive posted.. Shady is obviously a very talented man, with time for all. But I think you know that.

http://cityguides.salsaweb.com/egypt/cairo.htm

Im sure that he will already know of your talent, as you describe that there are very few drivers interested in single seat racing, and you are one of the finest.

Will the event be at the Ghibli Raceway? They do race pro Karts there. The track looks awesome.

http://www.ghibliraceway.com/

I wish you all the best with your dream....
Thanks for offering to help Widdow . I really appreciate you doing your research . I've talked to Shady a few times actually already but haven't been in contact with him in ages. That info on him being the #1 karter in Egypt is actually false because he only competed in the Rotax championship once and didn't do very well. The #1 karter in Egypt is in fact Ahmed "Hareedy" Ghanem who has won the National Rotax Champ a few times. I've talked to many of the pro karters in Egypt and one of them whom I came across who is involved in organising I found to be a very nice guy and have kept in touch with him. As for that track, no, I'll be racing at another track at a place at Ghazala which is quite a bit closer than Ghibli.

About being one of the finest, I never meant to sound big headed when saying it, honestly . All I was saying is that I've raced with many of the Egyptian racers here and they still don't understand many of the principles of racecraft, racing line, strategy very well. They understand some of it and definitely CRC material but just don't get it as much as I do.
Best thing to do is go to a race meeting,talk to the driver's get familar etc
my tip is simple... when you have the throttle on max, push your ankle against the cable that runs down the side. you can get a little more gas by doing that. People always wondered why my Kart went a little faster
Quote from StableX :my tip is simple... when you have the throttle on max, push your ankle against the cable that runs down the side. you can get a little more gas by doing that. People always wondered why my Kart went a little faster

That only works in rental karts ........
i really dont know how many Seconds You can get out of a 9 hp Engine , i was Racing KF3 this year going to KF2 . pretty forgotten the feeling of a Kart since i started racing Real Cars
u raced KF3... with Tom Grice? I thought he competed in a couple of Danish rounds

Man those KF3's are silent.... f'in eerry..... lol
karting aint what it used to be.... well at least from next year it wont. With Super 1 going down the KF road too... blah!
Quote from nikimere : karting aint what it used to be.... well at least from next year it wont. With Super 1 going down the KF road too... blah!

KF is the way to go,more reliable etc.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG