The online racing simulator
Can someone help me troubleshoot.
Many people with worse pc's than mine are reporting way better fps than me. What could be wrong?
Well i think the first thing to do would be posting up your specs. You also have to take in the fact that alot of addons like higher res stuff can bog down your FPS, also, your PC being full of crap does'nt help. Maybe your gfx card drivers need updating? It could be a number of things
#3 - Jakg
Well firstly they could have the options lower, you could have some crap running, drivers could have set AA, they could have tweaked windows, they could have overclocked something, they could have different drivers, your PC could be overheating (Niko missed one! :P), you could have custom textures.

If you want help, could you be less vague? If i walked into a garage and said "yeah, i have a.. um... nice car and my friends um... car... is faster, but its um... not as nice. Tell me whats wrong!" you wouldn't get far, so we need details!
Manufacturer: HP Pavilion 06
Processor: Intel(R) Celeron(R) CPU 2.00GHz
Memory: 2040MB RAM
Hard Drive: 34 GB
Video Card: NVIDIA GeForce FX 5500
Monitor: HP Pavilion mx70
Sound Card: Realtek AC97 Audio

Just updated my graphics drivers a couple days ago.
Basically, we are running the same things. No custom stuff. Same settings. And he gets 30 fps full grid. And i get 0.
#6 - Jakg
Quote from Falcon140 :Basically, we are running the same things. No custom stuff. Same settings. And he gets 30 fps full grid. And i get 0.

In a full grid a Celeron gets 30 fps? news to me.

You've only posted one PC, btw...

That PC's by no means immense, but it shouldn't get 0 FPS (as i have NO idea which PC gets 30 fps and which one doesn't), unless you've got fubar'ed drivers (Grab DriverCleaner, remove drivers, re-install some nice Xtreme-G's), maybe your PSU isn't cutting it, dodgy setting in the BIOS etc
Quote from Jakg :In a full grid a Celeron gets 30 fps? news to me.

Lol yer, I can guarantee at the back of a full grid he does not get 30fps.

Anyway, I'd look at cutting out any unecessary background tasks, making sure nothing is overheating. Basically 0fps means something is wrong.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG