The online racing simulator
New computer problems
(8 posts, started )
New computer problems *SOLVED*
I recently got a new computer. Windows Vista. Great graphics card. The lot!
Considering my graphics card on my last computer was, well, shit (An example: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-nTdPSoveyQ and I only managed to get about 9 FPS when I was alone in single player) you can understand how over the moon I was this morning when I downloaded LFS and saw that I had 50 FPS alone on track and the cars actually looked sharp and crisp and moved fluently. Well, I decided i'd get LFS up and running as quick as I could.
I had problems though.

Being a brand new computer I had to re-install my wheel. Easier said than done! After frantic efforts to assign my accelerator and brake to something the computer broke . So, I again decided to try about 10 minutes ago. After making the brake and accelerator switch places and the steering to move only aboutc 1 degree I finally mjanaged to set them up.

After setting my gears to auto for a test I realised there was another problem. It's all well and good until it gets to 8000RPM asnd then it revs for about 5 seconds, goes further call the way to 12000RPM and doesn't change gears. It does change if I shift up but then it goes to 8000RPM and refuses to move. Same with 3rd, 4th and 5th.

I'm in desperate need to get my wheel set up and working so I can race online in packs of people, something I couldn't do when I got 3FPS in an online race. I want to race LFS in all it's glory and I can't because I'm unable to get past 8000RPM.

Please help.

Thanks
Mike

PS: The 8000RPM refers only to the XFG. Not sure about other vehicles.
PPS: Very sorry about all the typos. I'm unbelievably tired.
#2 - Jakg
are you SURE auto is on? Shift + G goes Manual>Shifter>Automatic>Manual now.
I set it to auto in options
#4 - Jakg
...i'm completely stumped, but try a different car/setup?

...this could just be god trying to force you to use a manual (:P)...
Quote from nutty boy :I recently got a new computer.

What kind of PC?

Quote from nutty boy : Being a brand new computer I had to re-install my wheel.

What kind of wheel?

hmm, strange indeed, perhaps calibration lock is off, try turning that on other than that,
I dont know what the specific details of the computer is but it's a Gateway, it has an Intel core 2 duo processer (no idea, I just found it funny because it was long ) i'm guessing it's got a good graphics card aswell.

The wheel is a Logitech Formula Force Feedback wheel (or something to that effect). I had no trouble setting it up last time
#7 - Jakg
I cant see why either the specs or the wheel would make a difference, but then what he usually posts doesn't :P

Have you tried re-downloading LFS?
Due to computer problems (yes, brand new computer and it's broke already) we'll be getting a new hard drive so I don't see the point of trying to re-download it. I'll keep trying your sugestions though (when the computer is free) so keep them coming!
Thanks!

EDIT: Tried the XRT. Exact same things happening. Only difference is that it gets to 7000RPM
EDIT EDIT: I have a video but you cant download WMM on Vista and it's too big to go on Youtube

New computer problems
(8 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG