The online racing simulator
Bizarre InSim failure
(8 posts, started )
Bizarre InSim failure
I have a scenario in which LFS will close my InSim connection without warning, regardless of whether it's TCP or UDP. Basically, if i connect to an LFS client and it connects to a server that has a layout for the current track, InSim shuts down as soon as LFS connects. I can reconnect to LFS after i get disconnected and all is fine, so it's only on connect, not while running on a server with a layout. If anyone could confirm this behavior, I'd appreciate it.
#2 - Stuff
Hmm. I'm guessing a port/connection conflict. Is the LFS server using the same port to do both InSim and get a layout? If so, maybe when it connects to get a layout it has to kill any existing connections first because the port is in use. (bind issue) If not then I'm out of ideas.
I just noticed that the same happens if i start up a single player game using a track that has a layout file associated. So it doesn't seem to be a server issue, but something in the track loading process kicks InSim
the insim does not die when I load/unload layouts on the LTC server.

Can even do it while drivers are on the track.

Maybe you have a syntax error somewhere along the line.

What language are you writing your insim in?
Quote from Krammeh :the insim does not die when I load/unload layouts on the LTC server.

This isn't a problem with the server (there my insim stays connected), it only happens on the client.
ah, Sorry, must have mis-read that.

I will throw together a quick insim app for the client tonight, and see if it stays connected while doing it .

Sorry once again. will post in abuot.. 5-6hrs when I get home from work >.<
So when you connect to the "CTRA Bump & Jump" server your local insim dies? Mine does not

@sdether: Your PacketFactory's GetPacket method doesn't check for Enums.ISP.AXI type and thus returning null. Perhaps that's the error?
Quote from GeForz :So when you connect to the "CTRA Bump & Jump" server your local insim dies? Mine does not

Thanks for the feedback!

Just connected to CTRA Bump & Jump and my InSim died. Are you using TCP or UDP? I'm using TCP and I thought the socket was being closed on me. But may I was reading the debug trace wrong and LFSLib.NET dies for some reason.. Lemme track it down

Update: Problem solved. It is on my end. There is a bug in LFSLib.NET with AXI and AXO packets. Ok, time to prep 0.15b

Update 2 : And I see you've amended your post pointing out that same bug Yeah, I had the case statement for what to do when you get that type of packet, but not the case statement to recognize it in the first place. duh.

Bizarre InSim failure
(8 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG