The online racing simulator
Westhill International FZR
(4 posts, started )
Hello,

i have no clue what to do to build nice sets. I allways got some good ones from different sites and drivers on the servers.

I wanted to train some westhill these days but i couldnt manage to get a set for this combo at all.

It would be great if u could help me with a decent setup!

greetings!
Hi m8,

This should give you a good start - used for endurance racing.
Feel free to try this one out. I've had comments from it's too much oversteer, there isn't enough oversteer, to the best setup they had ever tried. So, who knows how it will do for you .

The way I drive Westhill in the FZR isn't with a lot of oversteer like most of the fastest racers do. I tend to have quite an early turn-in and let the car 4 wheel drift a bit through the corner to the exit. I'm not the fastest racer out there, my PB is a high 1:31 in this combo. Though that was a while ago and I think the FZR received some restrictions with the latest patch. So, I don't think I'll be able to visit the 1:31 realm anytime soon again.
Attached files
FZ50 GTR_Westhill R3-U.set - 132 B - 1004 views
Quote from Lightsaver :Hello,

i have no clue what to do to build nice sets. I allways got some good ones from different sites and drivers on the servers.

I wanted to train some westhill these days but i couldnt manage to get a set for this combo at all.

It would be great if u could help me with a decent setup!

greetings!

You know Lightsaver, just about any set you get will have to be modified to suit your driving style. There isn't a generic set other than the default set in LFS.

I recently raced the FZR on Westhill on an endurance race. We had two cars and four drivers, so that meant I had to drive with my teammate's set. I had a hard time with that car because he drives with a wheel and I use a joystick. The differences in settings can be oceans apart.

So, you may need to learn to adjust the settings anyway especially in view that the new LFS patches add ballast weight to the FZR. Many leagues and teams are forcing the use of ballast even tho the ballast is there as a handicap when a race has mixed cars.

The ballast slows the FZR down. If there are no mixed events, the ballast should not be used, but that's too hard for some league admins to figure out. Once the ballast is set on the server it can't be changed by the driver.

The end result is that if you get a set older than June 07 most likely is no good for the FZR since it doesn't take into account the ballast setting. In reality we need two sets for the FZR, one with ballast and one without because the ballast affects all other settings.

That is my greatest objection to the new patches because if you add weight you need to change the whole set.

Regards,

Jim

(4 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG