The online racing simulator
New Hi-res LX interior/exterior
(38 posts, started )
Hello. Since it is LX Month here in the LFS World, I've decided to make a new interior/exterior for the LX4/LX6. This includes brighter lights, new grilles, new radiator, new exhaust and mufflers, new brake calipers, new CF wheel covers and roof, new dashboard, new carpets, and a new shifter boot (gater). There may be some people who may not want all of my files, so I've written down what each file contains so you guys can choose which ones you want:

carbon.dds - CF texture for the front wheel covers
gator.dds - shifter boot texture
K8_exhaust.dds - exhaust pipes and muffler textures for LX and single-seaters
K8_pads.dds - brake pads for LX and single-seaters
LX_GrillATEST.dds - the small texture for the grille at the very front of the LX.
LX_interior1.dds - contains textures for the small grilles of the LX6, the lights, and the roof.
LX_interior2.dds - contains the interior textures of the LX.
LX_radiator.dds - radiator texture

Things NOT made by me: Seats (made by skinman), steering wheel (made by unseen), and disc brake rotors.

Enjoy!

UPDATE: No more wood textures! (Replaced by leather textures.)
Attached images
Untitled-1 copy.jpg
Untitled-2 copy.jpg
Untitled-3 copy.jpg
Untitled-4 copy.jpg
Untitled-5 copy.jpg
Attached files
LX.rar - 1.3 MB - 1030 views
LX.zip - 1.4 MB - 647 views
No offence, but your abit late are'nt you?
I don't think I'd trust a wooden rollbar... especially with my driving!

I like the concept of the wooden dash, too, but the grain is much much too large I think. Nice work, though
Thanks Maggot, I'm open to any suggestions cause I don't even know what to do with that dashboard. I gave it a wood texture on impulse, but I can't say I'm in love with the result, I can easily change it if someone has a better idea.

And Nathan, I have absolutely no idea what you mean. If you're referring to "LX Month", it IS in July. Upon further inspection of my calendar and today's local time and date, I can conclude that it is still July, aka "LX Month". And if it wasn't, so what? I felt like changing the LX's horrible interior with something nicer.
everything looks pretty good, except the wood texture which makes the car look like the ideal pimp-mobile
Quote from shiny_red_cobra :Thanks Maggot, I'm open to any suggestions cause I don't even know what to do with that dashboard. I gave it a wood texture on impulse, but I can't say I'm in love with the result, I can easily change it if someone has a better idea.

Carbon Fiber. It's always good to use CF.
I disagree with that, a Carbon interior in the LX would look bad.
Leather.
Quote from mikey_G :everything looks pretty good, except the wood texture which makes the car look like the ideal pimp-mobile

yeah i was about to say it looks like a pimpmobile now
I still wanna see someone tackle a suede interior. That would be awesome... in the FZ maybe, though.

I think leather, high end plastic or wood would look best in the LX. I'd be apt to go with leather.
What do you think of this?
Attached images
Untitled-9 copy.jpg
It looks nice, but it still seems to be missing something. I think the treads are too large, it has to be subtle, elegant leather, now it looks like plastic.
How about this? Would anyone drive it?
Attached images
Untitled-10 copy.jpg
#14 - DeKo
Quote from shiny_red_cobra :How about this? Would anyone drive it?

the wood texture is still horrific to the point of tears, but the rest looks really good.
Alright, I have to thank all you guys for setting me straight, because it definately looks much better than before. I updated the first post with the new files.
Attached images
Untitled-11 copy.jpg
@shiny_red_cobra

Good work i like it very nice
now it's nice... but if someone could help, where ( in the file ) is the roll bar texture ? because i change, change, change, leave only the dash textured and it still get the same texture... i think is the dash part that textures the rollbar... someone could help me ?

sorry for bad english.
You mean those bars at the back of the car? Yea, they use the same texture as the dashboard for some reason. There's no way around that.
What to you think of this ? Tan Leather. And the gauges plate is Carbon Fiber. The red Seats are RECARO's made by me...
Attached images
imagem.jpg
imagem 1.jpg
It's nice, but I just like mine better. But start your own thread for your own interior.
Love your interior Shiny REd cobra great job
Quote from shiny_red_cobra :It's nice, but I just like mine better. But start your own thread for your own interior.

That's not mine... that's yours with different textures...
Quote from Dudles :That's not mine... that's yours with different textures...

Well duh..
Quote from sgt.flippy :Well duh..

no... the interior is just like the one he did. I just edited with tan leather because somebody said here that it'll be better... so i made it... but the gauges plate he did is there... different texture but it's there just replaced wood/black to tan...

Shiny Red, if you feel offended, i can take it off.
No it's fine with me, I don't mind it at all. I mean, you're not really using much from me, just the area where the gauges are. Nothing else even resembles mine at all.

(38 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG