The online racing simulator
ice installs and car mods
(51 posts, started )
ice installs would be nice and a mod so over players can hear your music and a in game cd player.
i know it sounds like nfs but live for speed is 100 times better than nfs and who dont like a big ass exhasts on your car and a lound dump valve.
what about adding some licensed cars like evos, supras, rx7s, 50s hotrods and nissian skyline r32 turbo.

voice comm would be nice then u could just talk and look where your going than looking at your keyboard to type a meassage then look at what someone typed.
Attached images
Dsc_0338.jpg
This has to be a joke

Dude, get your flameproof suit ready :flamed:
in game cd player? dont u have winamp?
and why should other players would hear ur music?
i couldnt drive when anybody would be in the race and had some kind of country in the back, lol.
#4 - AndyC
No Thanks, Live For Speed is about Racing not ICE installs.
Boyracerd, you'd better get your flame suit :flamed:
Ah, and typing like this is very annoying and hard to read!
I was really hoping this was gonna be a sensible suggestion about ice racing (how much fun!?), but it turned out to be a turd of a thread (not made any better by this :S)

Quote from boyracerd :ice installs would be nice and a mod so over players can hear your music and a in game cd player.

And this is worth how many seconds per lap? I HATE hearing other people's music when I'm out. It annoys me cos I don't like YOUR music, and it means I can't hear traffic noise, sirens, my own music and other important road sounds. People with loud music JUST look like knobs.

Quote :i know it sounds like nfs but live for speed is 100 times better than nfs and who dont like a big ass exhasts on your car and a lound dump valve.

Yes LFS is 100x better because IT DOESN'T HAVE CRAP SUGGESTIONS LIKE THESE IN IT. Please go back to NFS where you will be happy in your eternal ignorance.
Quote :what about adding some licensed cars like evos, supras, rx7s, 50s hotrods and nissian skyline r32 turbo.

Have you EVER visited a forum before. Can you read the word "search". Did you look through some of the active topics from today? No I thought not. Lets look at your car choice, and see if we can find ANYTHING that would add to LFS... My hopes aren't high...

Evos - fun for about 5 minutes, but look sooooooo dull - boxy 4 door, meh!
Supras - quite a nice looking car, but made into homosexual icons by nearly every owner with silly body'kits' and paint jobs. Not particularly quick either in road form
Rx7's - don't like the looks personally, althugh not nasty. Has an engine that is well known over the years to be not worth bothering with. Only Mazda do. Woopie doo!
50's Hotrod - cars messed about with by people who don't know about cars. The Max Power generation of the 50's. Avoid.
Nissan Skyline - A PC with wheels, and the fun factor of smearing your genitals with itching powder. No thanks. Just a shame Nissan can't make 4 tonnes of car handle well, then it wouldn't need a supercomputer on board to stop the contents dying.

Good Greif, I thought I slept well...

Edit: Other is not spelt (or pronounced) over, uvver, uva or 'anyover' thick headed attempt to be leet.
#7 - Levi1
boyracerd, ingame voice communication would be nice, but only if you could mute other people. I'd like an Evo for rallying, but the developers would have to pay for a license to get the car in, so it's probably not gonna happen any time soon.

and tristancliffe, you are seriously pathetic (unless you somehow know if boyracerd is trolling on purpose)
It's just that basically all his suggestions are the exact opposite of the LFS mentality.
Where did he mention voice chat?
Levi, is that Ronnie Petersen in your avatar?
Quote from tristancliffe : Lets look at your car choice, and see if we can find ANYTHING that would add to LFS... My hopes aren't high...

Evos - fun for about 5 minutes, but look sooooooo dull - boxy 4 door, meh!
Supras - quite a nice looking car, but made into homosexual icons by nearly every owner with silly body'kits' and paint jobs. Not particularly quick either in road form
Rx7's - don't like the looks personally, althugh not nasty. Has an engine that is well known over the years to be not worth bothering with. Only Mazda do. Woopie doo!
50's Hotrod - cars messed about with by people who don't know about cars. The Max Power generation of the 50's. Avoid.
Nissan Skyline - A PC with wheels, and the fun factor of smearing your genitals with itching powder. No thanks. Just a shame Nissan can't make 4 tonnes of car handle well, then it wouldn't need a supercomputer on board to stop the contents dying.

Mr Critic Sir, I admire the capabilities of some of these cars, if that's ok with you that is . I think Rx7s are very nice looking, and I reckon every owner would disagree about the engine not being worth bothering with. Supras are seriously quick in standard form, though I do agree too many are f'd about with. I also reckon Nissan can make a car handle mmkay and I don't think circa 1350kg can be exaggerated to 4 tonnes without making you seem a little like you're getting carried away.

Car Football btw
Quote from tristancliffe :And this is worth how many seconds per lap? I HATE hearing other people's music when I'm out. It annoys me cos I don't like YOUR music, and it means I can't hear traffic noise, sirens, my own music and other important road sounds. People with loud music JUST look like knobs.

Yah just answered yer own question there, dincha, Tristan? In your case I'm guessing it's worth about 2-5 seconds per minute. Not on my lap, but while you're smashing your keyboard with your fists and throwing your monitor out the window, I'm lapping.

What would really make this feature effective is if I could pipe you The Teletubbies at deafening levels, but not hear it myself.

Quote :Rx7's - don't like the looks personally, althugh not nasty. Has an engine that is well known over the years to be not worth bothering with. Only Mazda do. Woopie doo!

Never been mad about the looks myself, but those things handle and corner very well and that rotary has a very drivable power curve. RX7 is a really fun car to drive.
I quite like the Teletubbies song...

Maybe not at 140dB though :/
boyd i suggest you never show your face on lfs again It would do us ALL a big favor

kthxbye
Quote from Vendetta :boyd i suggest you never show your face on lfs again It would do us ALL a big favor

kthxbye

Is that a serious post? I hope not.
Im not going to make a new thread, but these are my suggestions:

Possibility for free City Cruise
Possibility to go into shops
Possibility to open your window when crashed and scream YOU IDIOTS!
Possibility to fly!
Moving humans watching the race and if you are lucky, you can see a idiot running at the track.

LFS Sucks without this.
Quote from sinbad :Is that a serious post? I hope not.

Ok, it was a bit of a mean post..but really, if this guy had maybe read this forum a bit he wouldnt of made a post like he did and get yelled at
It's a shame these cars get 'riced' and bodykitted with tin cans for exhausts as there are actually some very good cars in that list.
Quote from Vendetta :Ok, it was a bit of a mean post..but really, if this guy had maybe read this forum a bit he wouldnt of made a post like he did and get yelled at

Alright, it's just strange to me how some people take "improper" suggestions as something more along the lines of a personal-insult, or an insulting remark about a family member who they must defend with great determination, and a swift counter-offensive in the form of a ridiculing remark or two, or 10 *cough Tristan .

Maybe the great-defenders of LFS should look more at the bigger picture sometimes, in which every "bad (or repeated) suggestion" is made by a customer or potential customer.
Quote from sinbad :Car Football btw

It remains the only non-racing 'add-on' I'd like to see in LFS

My point with the skyline, which I will not be changed on until Nissan do it right, is that it will NEVER be a DRIVERS car with that amount of computer assistance built in. I canna understand how any petrol head who enjoys driving can possibly begin to like them?

I know the Wankle engine (or Renesis now?!) is an okay engine. Lack of torque, unreliability (although Maxda claim to have cured that -we'll see) and ugly engine bay (no nice bits in the conventional sense) just put me off. And the fact that every engine manufacturer ever saw sense and avoided Wankles because of their inherent flaws, apart from Mazda (which in some ways is good, others bad).

On the plus side it was different - but now RX-7's and 8's are common as muck almost so no more exclusivity either.

Meh, I can't talk. I drive "The Worlds Most Common Roadster"!
I wouldnt like to see real road cars in LFS, could take the concintration away from the racing.

as for "ice", winamp and a classic rock internet radio station is all i want. If i heard thumping bass from a car blasting dance music i'd have to run them off the road.
Quote from tristancliffe :Where did he mention voice chat?

Does that matter? Whether he mentioned it or not doesn't change anything about how sad your post was.

He actually didn't mention it, it was more a suggestion from myself. If there was voice chat, he would be able to let others hear his music.
Quote from jtr99 :Levi, is that Ronnie Petersen in your avatar?

It's Villeneuve
Does a suggestion like this really require all the slander and insults??? You're giving someone a really hard time for just expressing a suggestion/idea.

Just say:

No I wouldn't like that, thank you.
Yeah mang, watching movies on your in-dash dvd player would be phat while blazing down the track.
#25 - Woz
Quote from boyracerd :i know it sounds like nfs but live for speed is 100 times better than nfs and who dont like a big ass exhasts on your car and a lound dump valve.

[Sarcasm mode on]Oh how I love the boy racer cars with their fat pipe and huge dump value and 10deg of negative camber and the wheels on the end stops. Please dont forget being able to paint the bonnet and roof black so I can pretend I have replaced it with carbon fibre.[Sarcasm mode off]

Serious note now... LFS is a serious race sim. It will be possible to mod after S3 so you will have to wait until then to see if someone creates a boy racer mod.

(51 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG