The online racing simulator
LX Month - autox competition Week 3
The final competition week (nr. 3) of the LX Month autox competition has begun.
This week a Logitech G25 steering wheel and shifter will be given to the winner!

The same 4 competition hosts are awaiting your arrival again

Good luck!

(competition website : http://competition.lfs.net/lx_autox/ )
Here we go again ! Good luck guys
Maybe I should dare to enter this time. The rounds before I didn`t even entered... teh shame
Bring on the Auto-x
Go get 'em again, Jason!
Good luck to all, ii can't wait to see the new autox track.
There is something that make me 'laugth' in a way about the price of the week3 LX Month challenge. It's that this week you can win a wonderfull wheel, wich evrybody would kill to have. But we all knows that's a wheel owner who will win this wheel. Never a mouse owner would be able to win it Even if there is some great mouse racers.

I just wanted to notice that even if i know that there is nothing to do but work hard to try to demontrate that i'm wrong, at least i hope

Note to support my words: Week1, 1st mouse driver: 49th place, Week 2: 66th place ... It's gonna be hard
I can't connect to any of the competition hosts. When I hold my mouse curser over a host link a small window pops up that says "You need LFS Join for this link to work". What is "LFS Join"? And where do I get it?

I would greatly appreciate any help.
LFS Join is a 3rd party program which enables you to join LFS servers outside of the game (via the link you saw there).

Here you can download the app
Quote from Victor :
This week a Logitech G25 steering wheel and shifter

So which one of you kept the pedals?
For Glenn and anyone else who wants to download the layout.
Attached files
AU1_AutoXWeek3.lyt - 2.8 KB - 242 views
Quote :we all knows that's a wheel owner who will win this wheel

Yeah but they could sell it off as new. Or offload their old worn G25 at a nice discounted price to someone here in the forum..
Or keep it?

Not all of us are lucky enough to afford one never mind actually buy one, so I know I sure as hell would keep it.
This is looking very close indeed, a fight till the end. Cant wait to see who wins it, Not me not good enough to compete against u guys just yet
#16 - FM67
Hi, I leave one lap to layout of 1.19.9x for any one who wants to see the line of race.
It's not very good but it's sufficient to see how go

sry 4 my english :-)
Attached files
nism• FM_AU1_LX4_FINAL.spr - 77.3 KB - 263 views
Quote from FM67 :Hi, I leave one lap to layout of 1.19.9x for any one who wants to see the line of race.

Pretty darn good run any chance you can post setup?
Quote from FM67 :Hi, I leave one lap to layout of 1.19.9x for any one who wants to see the line of race.

Thanks alot. Reppoh's replay helped me learn alot last time.

Question for the fast guys:
When you are driving and come through a split say .1-.2(not much) slower than usual, do you know where you lost it?
#19 - ev0
Quote from Kelvjy :Pretty darn good run any chance you can post setup?

What would a demo racer do with an LX setup?
#20 - Jakg
Quote from Shinomori :Question for the fast guys:
When you are driving and come through a split say .1-.2(not much) slower than usual, do you know where you lost it?

I'm not that fast, but yes, usually i know i've "lost" time by looking at the way i take the corners, but on coming to a split i see just how much it cost me.
Quote from ev0 :What would a demo racer do with an LX setup?

I'm using my brothers account
^^
I'm having a deja vu again...

And not only that, I can almost predict what the next question is going to be...

Damn!!!
I am Neo and the Oracle at the same time
Quote from Jakg :I'm not that fast, but yes, usually i know i've "lost" time by looking at the way i take the corners, but on coming to a split i see just how much it cost me.

I kinda figured as much.
I find when I'm driving for example I'll do a run and it will feel good and I'll get say 19.5 at the first split. Then my next one will also feel good and it will be a 20.4 or something. :wtf2: And I really have no idea what the difference was(And I know that that means I really have no idea what I'm doing).

I was watching bawbag run the other day and he was doing say 18.3, then 18.4, then 18.2, etc. And I was kinda wondering if he could tell the difference before he hit the split with that small a time difference.
#24 - Jakg
you just get used to how the car feels - ie i've just come from FE1R/XRG, where kerb hopping is essential, i can feel if the car has "bounced" too much or whether i've drifted on the exit - ideally i kiss the kerb and the while gives a tiny motion through the wheel and keeping the wheel turning (but not that much) so the rear wheels and front wheels are slightly slipping.

EDIT - When i was on the hunt for a WR at SO1R/FO8, i could tell the difference between 114 MPH and 118 MPH quite easily with the tone of the engine as well and "predict" my splits
Quote from Jakg :you just get used to how the car feels - ie i've just come from FE1R/XRG, where kerb hopping is essential,

There's not a lot of feedback to be had on the autocross circuit. The only feedback you'll get is in response to your own inputs, unless you hit a cone of course, in which case you'll probably be well aware that your split time is going to suck.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG