The online racing simulator
Wheel Button Binding?
(5 posts, started )
Wheel Button Binding?
I have read in other posts about the ability to bind wheel buttons to function keys and the like.

How do you do that? Can it be done in game or does it depend on the wheel that you are using?

Thanks in advance.
some wheels have a software that do that!
Thustmaster has the Thustmapper and for logitech wheels there is a profiler, and MS wheels have also a software shipped with the wheel that bind keys to wheel buttons!
what wheel do you have bdshan?
I have a Logitech MOMO Racing wheel. I never read or investigated what the Profiler could do for me.
bdshan, I used the profiler in the past, but don't use it anymore. What is nice with the profiler is you can setup custom FF settings and button binds for different games regardless of what the windows gaming options are set at. So if you race NR2003 and LFS, then you could set them up differently. Then you could launch whatever game/sim you wanted to use through the profiler. I had a problem several times, though, with my force feedback quitting on me. Once was at the 2nd restart of the FE Green race in NAL (I think it was FE Green). Imagine trying to drive the LX6 when your FF goes out. That wasn't fun. And being NAL race, I couldn't just close and reboot. I don't know if "ctrl-c" would have helped me, I didn't think about that (it reinitializes your controller). That said, I now just use the windows gaming options for my FF since LFS is the only thing I race. And I downloaded a program called "joy2key.exe" which allows you to bind the controller's buttons. Hope this helps.

Wheel Button Binding?
(5 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG