The online racing simulator
IS a G25 worth by 220 dollars?
what the title says..., im planning to buy a G25 by that money... so i want to know if its worth it by that amount of money... thx in advance
You might find one used for that price, or a stolen one for cheaper j/k
#3 - Jakg
Quote from chanoman315 :what the title says..., im planning to buy a G25 by that money... so i want to know if its worth it by that amount of money... thx in advance

it's worth every penny, but i'm curious as to where you can get one for that? over here there still $300
eBay?

I saw a DFP brand new on there for £58, and it's still £90 on the Logitech Site

And yes, the G25 is worth every penny, you will not regret buying it
Definately do it. It is the best piece of kit money can buy. A sturdy wheel, acurate, more degrees of rotation than you know what to do with, pedals with some resistance in them, proper clutch... The list goes on.

Do it, do it, do it, do it, do it, do it, do it, do it, do it, do it!
Well, it's 1/4 cheaper than I paid. So I'd say go for it.
As long as it's new with warranty.

BTW Jakg, the G25 has been as low as $188 here w/free shipping.

So without a doubt a G25 new is worth that. You will have NO regrets.

"do it, DO IT"
"Is it worth it...." is something you have to ask yourself, not others. $200-300 to one might be loose change in a pocket, but to someone else it is the interest they pay to put fuel in the car to get to work...
Yes. That is all.
i just bought one, it's my first wheel ever.. but i love it!

I don't like the shifter unit, but the wheel and pedals are
Quote from Riders Motion :You might find one used for that price, or a stolen one for cheaper j/k

Its $219.99 on tigerdirect and $240 on amazon.com with free shipping.
"And yes, the G25 is worth every penny, you will not regret buying it"

I don?t agree.

In terms of it?s a luxury wheel, yes. In terms of your laptimes, no.

I changed from a Logitech Wingman FF pro to a G25 and it did?nt make me any faster. Add., the metal shifters behind the wheel are of poor made. I?m used to change gears with it. Now I have poor shifting tks. to this wheel.

I would have given ny G25 back. Unfort. I just missed the 14 days period where I?d been able to do it for free.

Just wanted to let you know a diff. then the common oppinion.

Regards.
________
iolite portable vaporizer
#14 - Jakg
Wrong thread Riders :P
Quote from Jakg :Wrong thread Riders :P

LOL. Second time today I've seen the wrong posting in the wrong thread....
Wiat a few days and enter the lx month competition to win the G25!!!!

I havn't ever seen a G25 with my eyes never mind used one, so i'm hoping to experience it one day.....sooner rather than later.
I don't know if its worth it, but I paid $240 + shipping for my G25 yesterday and it should be here by monday!

Can't wait to stop using my xbox 360 controller for LFS and play with a real wheel!

I hope its worth it :-D
Its a tricky transition going from 270 degrees (momo black) to 900, but in terms of feel and realism its totally worth it IMO.

Going from gamepad to G25 will be a world of differnce. Enjoy it!
Quote from srdsprinter :Its a tricky transition going from 270 degrees (momo black) to 900, but in terms of feel and realism its totally worth it IMO.

I hope so! My largest gripe with the gamepad is repeatability is extremely hard to do precisely.

Not to mention no feel for the road, cant wait to play it with FFB.
Try not to get frustrated, as for the first 2 weeks or so I had a lot of trouble catching/recovering from slides!

Even coming from a good wheel (momo black) the G25 just made me appreciate LFS so much more for its realism.

Never played with a gamepad, but I imagine consistancy/repeatability will be worlds better!
Quote from R.Kolz :"the metal shifters behind the wheel are of poor made.

What don't you like about them? This is my first wheel, but i think their perfect.
Well my MS Sidewinder Precision Racing Wheel just bit the dust while trying to play today. I had read about the G25 a few days ago having never heard of it before. Was quite impressed with it from the read. So I decided to give it a go. Ordered it a couple of hours ago from TigerDirect and hope to have it early next week. Figures something like this would happen just as I'm trying to get into racing games again... But I'm hoping the majority of good reviews will make me a happy camper once it arrives. I'm psyched to try the shifter for that added bit of realism. Now if I could only buy some patience somewhere...
Quote from srdsprinter :Its a tricky transition going from 270 degrees (momo black) to 900, but in terms of feel and realism its totally worth it IMO.

I cheating and using only 399deg (until I get used to dancing three pedals)

I like the feel of my red momo better, more buttons, better paddles and better leatherwork, thicker and smaller wheel. BUT the G25 has far better pedals (even compared to squashball modded momos) and there is a clutch, then there is the full shifter console with 12 buttons and shifter with realistic reverse gear. It takes less space on my desk when Im not driving too, and dual motors will hopefully give no deadzone in the ff when worn. Also in favour of the G25 is the fact that its fully functional, and the momo is missing a spring.
Quote from Bawbag :Wiat a few days and enter the lx month competition to win the G25!!!!

I havn't ever seen a G25 with my eyes never mind used one, so i'm hoping to experience it one day.....sooner rather than later.

that's ur opportunity not mine... im not good as u man...

Yes, i found it in eBay. at 219.99 dollars... New... im gonna buy it... thx guys!!
woohoo! I got my g25, lots of wires and they get messy... the wheel itself is awesome, so much harder though with the wheel versus the gamepad, then again I stunk with the gamepad... This wheel is going to take a while to get used to, otherwise it is awesome! Clutch + 6 speed Shifter = sooo awesome!

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG