The online racing simulator
Logitech G25 Issues
(18 posts, started )
Logitech G25 Issues
I bought a logitech G25 but my laptimes appear to be slower than with a joystick.

My fastest with the G25 is a 1:28 and my fastest with the joystick is a 1:26.

I have

Wheel Turn at 900 degrees
Force Strength 40
Sequential Gearbox
Wheel Turn Copensation 0.29
and force feedback is off

Some1 please help, i thought i would be a lot faster with the steering wheel
#2 - filur
I don't think any car in LFS uses 900 degrees, set it to 720. Turn on force feedback and practice.
I've played before with a sidewinder joystick too and then switched to Momo and G25 after.
Took me 1 week to get in touch with the car but it's much more easyer now to controll it and I got faster laps.
I use 203 degrees only(make sure that you have the same value both in game and controll panel game controllers setings),wheel turn compensation 0.31, I brake with left foot with the clutch pedal, FF 15-20%
I use:

-270 degree rotation in Windows settings and in LFS
-50% FF in Windows, and in LFS
-Centering spring disabled at 0%
-Combined pedals UNCHECKED/OFF

That's about it. Everything else you've set is fine (like wheel turn compensation). Can get World Record pace with those G25 settings. Just keep practicing.... because I suspect it is just hard for you to adjust from originally using a joystick, to using a wheel. It takes time, but Wheel is always fastest.

Have fun!
Thanks
thanks for your advice i will give it a try.
#6 - Juls
If you use 720 degrees and more, you should set wheel compensation to 1.0
i have wheel turn compensation on 0 for any degree setting i use, helps alot with responsiveness
Manual or Sequential Gear
I have also recently bought a G25, and my question is:
Is it better to use Manual or Sequential Gear Box ?

I suspect that manual gear box is a little slower than sequential one ?
Faster to use sequential of course . Unfortuneately

If LFS had an advantage of using a manual clutch, then I would use the manual gated shifting... but LFS doesn't really, so I always stick to using the paddles because it is best to keep your hands on the wheel at all times. The shifter is just for entertainment if you want to give it a try in a roadcar or something.

:up:
LFS doesn't use the full 900 degree?

are you sure?...

''crys''

let me know
Quote from hayabusa_fmw :LFS doesn't use the full 900 degree?

are you sure?...

''crys''

let me know

None of the cars if LFS use 900 degree steering. We may see a 900 degree car or two in the future, but we will have to wait and see.
Does GTR2 take it ?
LFS will "use" all 900 degrees, but you will be turning your wheel longer than the wheel turns in-game.
u can go just as fast if u start from first day wit h shifter and practice a lot thats wat i do and im as fast as i am when i use squenchal also i would recommend 720 degrees of rotation asbd turn ffb on
I have my g25 (and S2) for about a week or so now, and im switching from automatic gearbox to the paddles on the steer. My laptimes are slower as im not used to it yet, but i guess when you get used to it it's faster.

I don't really use the shifter at all, i don't see me getting good laptimes with just one hand on the wheel.
well it take a good while to start gettin bac to ur old laptimes at least 2weeks anyway
Ok, now im getting the same lap times with the sequential shifter as well as the paddles as i did with automatic shifting.. so im already getting used to it.

I like the sequential shifter the most, but the paddles are the best option for fast laps and safer racing.
you guys say thing without knowledge.... LFS HANDLE 900° PERFECTLY, better than any games/sims.

Its so simple.. just set 900° in Windowss AND 900° in LFS.

And your steering wheel will be PERFECLY synchronise with LFS wheel... that means.. if LFS car only use 720°( xrt,xrg,fxo.. ) .. same with your wheels.. i.e. at 720° of your wheel, you will use max steering... and if the LFS cars use only 360° ( formulas ) it will work THE SAME... just try.. it works... put yourself in cockpit view and compare your real wheel with LFS car steering wheel.

Logitech G25 Issues
(18 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG