The online racing simulator
Anyone tell me if my computer is anygood?
I was never much intersted in computers much so i got one of my dads friends whos a computer progammer to order this one for me only ting is now i want to know if it is actually anygood for playing lfs and if i were to update it wat would be my next step its specs are

Intel pentium 4 CPU 3.00 GHz(2CPUs)
memory:1022mb RAM
moniter:radeon x600 256mb
chip type:radeon x600 (0x5b62)
i dont know wat other specs to post so plz tell me wat else to postr
thanks
I'm not 100% sure, but you don't have 2 CPU's mate.

Its OK, but ofcourse it could be better. Whos couldnt.

Your 1GB is what I would call the norm at the moment, Anything less than a gig is slooooow. But you will soon find yourself lagging behind with only a gig of Ram.

Your GFX card is a little old, my old PC had the same card. I was getting 60fps with most settings on medium and no AA/AF.

Your CPU is old also, Intel class its typical use as: Desktops and entry-level workstations, and that was 2 years ago.

Your PC is a little out dated, but you can run LFS on it no problem, just without the eye candy. You can obviously upgrade, just depends on if you want eye candy and have the money.

Edit: It wasn't me.
Yes probably you have an Intel CPU with HyperThreading which reports as 2 CPUs in the operating system but it's actually 1 core. But this doesn't matter because most games (LFS included) do not utilize the second CPU.

The memory is just fine for the majority of the games but actually it depends on the operating system you have. If you have Windows XP it's plenty, if you have Vista you need almost twice.

Your GFX card it's quite old and cannot cope with the recent games but it's more than enough for LFS.

So, since you are not interest in benchmarks, latest games and trends, your PC is a very good one and it can serve you well for most tasks, specially for LFS.
thanks m8 i mite get i new gfx card soon if the pc is up to it
If you want eye candy, then upgrade it all

You can get a high spec PC for around £500.
na m8 im fine for the mo anyways i get 91fps almost constant and hav no settings changed at
all does anyone know if my moniter is hd or just flat screen (im a moniter noob)
EDIT:it was nout me oh and my PC is two years old
the second one is more like it
thanks i mite well do that if i hav the money but i wouldnt know wat to buy any suggestions?
how much money?
Quote from dj-fluxsa :na m8 im fine for the mo anyways i get 91fps almost constant and hav no settings changed at
all does anyone know if my moniter is hd or just flat screen (im a moniter noob)
EDIT:it was nout me oh and my PC is two years old

Best way to know this is to know the "Native Resolution" of the monitor. If it can natively display in a HighDef resolution, then it is capable of HD content. Many CRTs are even capable in this regard. The difference is, since it's a monitor, it wont have a HighDef reciever. What that means is, you can watch some HD content (assuming your resolution and CPU supports it), as long as it's on your local drives.

HD Content is very CPU intensive, especially at the higher end of HD.
my pc is P4 1022 ram 2.8ghz gfx card is a nivida geforce BFG 7900gs oc 256 is this a gd pc ^^ getting 4 gig ram thougth =)
Austin31287, Do you need 4GB? If you do, then make sure you have 64-bit windows too.
#16 - Jakg
Quote from Austin31287 :my pc is P4 1022 ram 2.8ghz gfx card is a nivida geforce BFG 7900gs oc 256 is this a gd pc ^^ getting 4 gig ram thougth =)

why on earth are you getting 4 GB of RAM, thats MASSIVE overkill.

The best upgrade would be a better CPU, maybe a Core 2 Duo
#18 - Jakg
that ok, but are you sure it fits in the mobo?
Lol I Confused on Wht I Really Need AND NO I DONT HAVE WINDOWS 64 BIT I FORGOT TAHT MY BROS PC ^^ ILL SHOW U MINE AND IT HITS 75FPS =( if u know wh ti need can u show me a pic =) ty
Attached files
DxDiag.txt - 38.4 KB - 221 views
**** it im lost can someone plz give me a link to a gfx card that would be of resonable price and suit the system i hav if possible?
well go on google put overclockers then look at teh cards see with matchs ur system spec
#22 - Jakg
Quote from dj-fluxsa :**** it im lost can someone plz give me a link to a gfx card that would be of resonable price and suit the system i hav if possible?

how much is "reasonable"?
i dont hav a clue wat ever it takes to get a good one i suppose but not one that would be to "overkill" as ye say
Ciaran, your pc is grand, you consistently have 90 fps in lfs? Whats your problem so? It runs so smooth. And mostly, your computer is slow when u are out of lfs is because you have a lot of programs running

well im talkin about when lfs passes out my pc i know its grand atm

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG