The online racing simulator
FXR Enduro setup
(33 posts, started )
Quote from 5th Earth :Might be something in the diffs or the dampers, plus I've been using 23% power split.

Yay, another man with sense!
Quote from Flotch :Tell me what is a lap time during a race with R2, I want to know to have an idea (and I've never said you cannot use R2).

:ices_rofl
still no answer, so I think I'm right
You gotta give me at least a day man... I'm not on here 24/7

Anyway, my current PB for WE in the FXR is 1:39.46. Nothing spectacular, but pretty respectable, and I know for a fact that was a 10 lap race that I didn't change tires in.

Bob, I tried your setup and actually it's more similar to mine than I thought. Your suspension is softer than mine and your rollbars have greater front/back difference, but your front/rear downforce ratio is no less extreme than mine. I could go as fast in either one, but mine feels a lot "tighter" to me, maybe because my coast locks are set higher, though my front load lock is a lot lower than yours--only 30%. I also made a mistake, I'm running 25% torque split, not 23% as I thought. I had it confused with my RB4 set.

I've uploaded my WE setup. This one is understeer-y at low speeds, but at Westhill it works like a charm. A quick fix for slower tracks is just to soften the front ARB to 80 or so and decrease the parallel steer and center diff lock. A work in progress, but what setup isn't?
Attached files
FXO GTR_WE.set - 132 B - 1020 views
Quote from Flotch ::ices_rofl
still no answer, so I think I'm right

Going fast in enduro means nothing if you can't throw down the same lap time for 50-60+ laps. The less fuel and tyre damage the long your go without pitting = faster.
you really think I'am stupid or what?? illepall

but there, I have a start of an answer, he is 7s slower than the WR, and that begins to tell me he is not true, even in endurance. On the endurance race I've done on Historic with the XRR, I was running 1 to 3 seconds slower than my PB by doing 15 laps runs (the car could be run for 20 laps, but that seems scary to me to take to much risks) with R2 of course. And for me that seems reasonable.
It all depends whether the time advantage of having one less pitstop outweighs the fact that you are slower on track. Of course even if it's tight, and somebody catches you up, it can still be difficult for them to overtake you.
Quote from 5th Earth :Bob, I tried your setup and actually it's more similar to mine than I thought. Your suspension is softer than mine and your rollbars have greater front/back difference, but your front/rear downforce ratio is no less extreme than mine. I could go as fast in either one, but mine feels a lot "tighter" to me, maybe because my coast locks are set higher, though my front load lock is a lot lower than yours--only 30%. I also made a mistake, I'm running 25% torque split, not 23% as I thought. I had it confused with my RB4 set.

Well when I was making that set for GP Long, I found that with 66% power lock at the front my outside tyre went first, and with 50% it was the inside. So I thought 55% has got to get it pretty even.

I keep my coast locks loose so that I can play with the car balance a bit with the throttle, the car just kinda sucks into the corners when you ease off. Have to be a bit careful though as it can spin if you don't get back on the power soon enough. But it felt faster to me.

Also I don't consider my wing settings extreme, my team mates were running one more at the front and one less at the rear. That was a bit extreme. It was only the locked diffs they were using that stopped the car from spinning.
Quote from Flotch :
For the FZR, it is the fastest and probably the easiest to drive, but in endurance ?? , the rear tires are quickly destroyed after one or two laps for me, so I do not know if the FZR's fan use R2 or not to do serious race.

I have to disagre...

In the league we are running now (GTR class) almost everyone is using FZR and the races are between 200 and 300 km each.
I've been running on Blackwood r2 front and rear... 24-25 laps with laptimes between 1:10.5x at beginning to 1:08.8x at the end.

Similar results on ASNational, FEBlack and (with some more trouble) WE1.

FXR Enduro setup
(33 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG