The online racing simulator
Oh My God!
(20 posts, started )
Oh My God!
Having just got my S2 license yesterday and very little time to play it will take me some time to explore all the new cars and tracks. However, since I did have a little time before bed last night and seeing how much I've enjoyed the handling of the MTR I decided to grab the FOX and take it for a spin on the Kyoto Ring. Man was that nice!! Did about ten laps and had a blast. So I next try out the FO8. Hey, this baby is even better! Great handling and faster pick up and speeds. With little time left I decided what the heck, lets do the BMW Sauber. I couldn't believe that sucker!!! :wow: I'm not very good with this game and know squat about the cars within it. I just like to have fun but man did that car make me feel like a race car driver and I actually did quite well with only one spin out after ten laps while hitting speeds over 190MPH! That's just friggin' insane! What can I say, I'm hooked!

Okay, I feel better now, I just had to share.
#2 - FL!P
Welcome to S2!

Try a circuit with turns in both directions, sometime. It's even more fun.
Welcome ! Hope to see you in the race somewhere I think your best wasted 24 £.
Quote from okijuhans :Welcome ! Hope to see you in the race somewhere I think your best wasted 24 £.

that makes it sound like a bad thing

anyway glad to see you like S2 make sure you try out all the tracks
Thanks for the welcome guys.

Quote from FL!P :Try a circuit with turns in both directions, sometime. It's even more fun.

Any suggestions? I do plan on checking it all out, e rocker, as time allows of course, but was really surprised what a blast the formula cars were for such a newbie as myself. They're very forgiving for heavy footed individuals such as myself.
The best circuits in LFS are, IMO, FE Green, SO Classic (only drivers with balls of steel need apply for the chicane), Kyoto GP long (great in the faster tracks) and, of course, the mother of them all, Aston Historic.
i also just bought S2, and am really happy with it... i just drove the F08 for like 2 hours straight, im instantly addicted!

I thought the demo was good, but this game is the best!!
Quote from auto emocion :i also just bought S2, and am really happy with it... i just drove the F08 for like 2 hours straight, im instantly addicted!

I thought the demo was good, but this game is the best!!

Ain't it grand?
Quote from duke_toaster :The best circuits in LFS are, IMO, FE Green, SO Classic (only drivers with balls of steel need apply for the chicane), Kyoto GP long (great in the faster tracks) and, of course, the mother of them all, Aston Historic.

Thanks duke, I've been doing WE International exclusively of late and it's time to rotate into another one. So many cars... so many tracks... and so little time...
Yea this sim has to be the greatest yet As for tracks to try, why not try them all All the cars are good and all the tracks are good, even tho some of them are tougher than some of the others, just give them a chance and dont give up on them. The harder the car to drive the more fun it is anyway and yes BF1 kicks ***
Quote from IceMan31x :Yea this sim has to be the greatest yet As for tracks to try, why not try them all All the cars are good and all the tracks are good, even tho some of them are tougher than some of the others, just give them a chance and dont give up on them. The harder the car to drive the more fun it is anyway and yes BF1 kicks ***

Of course you're right, just a newbie asking where to start off. Time limitations and all... have to start some where, right?

BTW, welcome aboard auto emocion!
From a fellow noob
when you're up for a change, try some of the slower cars. Depending on the circuit (south city classic reverse) even the mini can feel like it's going a little too fast when you push the limit
Awrite, mate, welcome to S2!

Try the FE Club for a good starting place. It has a little bit of all the basic techniques you must learn, including a chicane that you need to take at full throttle. How's that for a thrill? I did many laps on it with the FOX, and I'm now feeling completely confident in that car, on any track.

Cheers!
Quote from Aiden McGeady :Awrite, mate, welcome to S2!

Try the FE Club for a good starting place. It has a little bit of all the basic techniques you must learn, including a chicane that you need to take at full throttle. How's that for a thrill? I did many laps on it with the FOX, and I'm now feeling completely confident in that car, on any track.

Cheers!

Thanks for the suggestion, Aiden! I'll try that one out next. I was getting quite comfortable in the FOX and then watched a WR racer do it and was amazed at the speeds he was getting. So I downloaded a new setup and I'm at square one in learning how to drive it again, keep wanting to spin off the track... But I did manage to knock off 3 sec. of my time when I'm able to keep it on the track now.

Carl, I will get to the slower cars but I'm having too much fun right now exploring the fast and pretty ones!
When you feel up to some close racing, join us for the League of the Americas' Thursday Night Thunder one of these Thursday nights. :]

We run random combos each week, so most of the time everyone's equally n00b-y. It'd be a good way for you to try different cars/tracks.
Auto Emocion, enjoyable racing in the BF1's last night

Hope to see you out there again soon old chap.
Quote from DeadWolfBones :When you feel up to some close racing, join us for the League of the Americas' Thursday Night Thunder one of these Thursday nights. :]

We run random combos each week, so most of the time everyone's equally n00b-y. It'd be a good way for you to try different cars/tracks.

Thanks. I will once I feel like I won't be spinning out and slamming into other people... Just need a few hundred more laps under the old belt and I'll be good to go!
Quote from creativesurgeon :Auto Emocion, enjoyable racing in the BF1's last night

Hope to see you out there again soon old chap.

Definitly! im going to learn the other tracks with slower cars for a while now.. but after that i will be back for sure!!

Oh My God!
(20 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG