The online racing simulator
render [where to get Brazil]
(21 posts, started )
Need help getting brazil,so where to get it

pls help
yup rio is the free trial of brazil, but the renders are limited to a small size (i forgot what size) so you will also need a plugin called bigrender (google it)

hope this helps
Quote from the e rocker :yup rio is the free trial of brazil, but the renders are limited to a small size (i forgot what size) so you will also need a plugin called bigrender (google it)

hope this helps

ok,i dont know how to install it,im so stupid
both go in the plugins folder of your 3dsmax folder
i can't remember exactly but doesn't Rio come in its own folder? if it does you put the rio folder in the plugins folder in the 3dsmax folder

phew thats a lot of folders
Quote from the e rocker :i can't remember exactly but doesn't Rio come in its own folder? if it does you put the rio folder in the plugins folder in the 3dsmax folder

phew thats a lot of folders

okay,everything okay expect hicher resulotion render,i can make only small,other give error
and i have problem with front lights,they black
as i said earlier the renders are limited to a size in Rio and you need a plugin

and for the lights it could be lots of things, so if you could post the render we could have a look and see what is wrong
i had that exact problem when i did my first render

glad to see you sorted it, well done
now i have new problems,something happened to my 3dsx max and an error came and wanted me to re-insatall,but i dont remeber where i got it.and i´d like 3ds max 8 now

where to get cmx importer the rscnet link doesent work
Dont fool here. I can render your skins lol. About 600 mb of scenes and wheels :P All the stuff for good render.
ok instead of starting a new thread....

I would like to know what i exactly need to get a decent render...

I am not able to buy programs because i just got the new PS CS3 and i allready have 3dmax 2008

So any free renderer's or somewhere where i can get something like mental ray or brasil as a trial or something would be helpful
Basically what you are saying is that you have seen the previous posts in this thread, read them, visited the links and followed the advice so far, and you are still not able to get anywhere?
Quote from daddyo :ok instead of starting a new thread....

I would like to know what i exactly need to get a decent render...

I am not able to buy programs because i just got the new PS CS3 and i allready have 3dmax 2008

So any free renderer's or somewhere where i can get something like mental ray or brasil as a trial or something would be helpful

Do you ever use your 3ds max 2008? It has a very easy to use Mental Ray came with it. You must have knew that when you purchased it?!
You have all the tools you need for studio quality rendering. Only problem is learning how to use lights and configure your renderer properly.

My method of lightning up the scene:
- Place and setup lights one by one, turn others off.
- 3 spotlights lights are usually enough; Main, filler and highlight.
- Use wide cone and very small hotspot to avoid unrealistic sharp light-to-dark backround transition.
- Light should never be coming from same or opposite direction of camera.
- Mainlight is the mainsource of light in scene, but also main source of shadows. Try to find good balance between those two so there's good contrast in your render.
- Filler light is used to brighten up the dark/shadowy side of your scene. To give some idea of correct brightness, I usually use dark gray or very dark blue color and shadows should be barely noticable.
-Last but not least I use one light above the scene to add highlight on curvy parts and to cast subtle ground shadow so objects don't look like they're floating.
Quote from samyip :Do you ever use your 3ds max 2008? It has a very easy to use Mental Ray came with it. You must have knew that when you purchased it?!

what is that Mental ray? I heard alot of ppl talking about it but never got it what it is used for, sorry for my noobinesh
Quote from DevilDare :what is that Mental ray? I heard alot of ppl talking about it but never got it what it is used for, sorry for my noobinesh

Ít's a renderer that is shipped with 3dsmax. Just like V-ray and Brazil, it has much more features and improvements over standard scanline renderer.
Would it be smart to post a sticky thread where written the main softwares and renderer, their prices, where to get them, preview screenshots (or effective description), the free alternatives.

TO AVOID IN ONE TIME ALL THE REDONDANT QUESTIONS ABOUT GETING WHAT SOFTWARE OR WHAT THE BEST etc.. etc..

boring

(21 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG