The online racing simulator
Dedi update
(6 posts, started )
#1 - indie
Dedi update
Hi all

I know its a silly question but a have the doubt anyway

Can i just update a dedi server by unpacking the new patch i want in the LFS dedi server folder? Like overwriting it?

Thanks
Yes.
#3 - indie
Thanks Karl

movin into the rooterzzz, updating the serverzzzz
Just make sure you don't overwrite your config files, obviously
Also, be sure to add the new parameters to your config if you haven't updated in a while.

// optional: message log file
/log=

// slots reserved for admins (0 to 8)
/adminslots=

// no/yes: allow car reset
/canreset=

// MPR autosave (0=off / 1=manual / 2=auto)
/autosave=

// optional: MPR folder
/mprdir=

#6 - indie
Hi guys

Thanks for the addicional info, now i have a few more doubts

I updated the serverzz just doing as Karl confirmed me. The only config files i use are a welcome.txt, runs from config file, and the config file (eg:server.txt), that runs from a batch file something like > lfs.exe /cfg=server.txt /insim=29999. So i think that this way i haven't overwrited important files.

About those new parameters, right after a w test patch i think, not sure, i added the adminslots and careset parameters.
I have some doubts about log and mprdir parameters.

In the /mprdir issue lets see if i got it straight...
-If /autosave=2 (auto) it will save every replay in ../data/mpr? It does unique files right? Like spr's offline for example.
If that's the case them with the manual option on, the same should happen in a designated folder, is that it?

On the log side.
So i can have a log file assign in config file without problem (one that i would have to backup) and/or create multiple files online using /hlog right?
Is /log is the entire chat history from the server or is the chat plus client related info (exit pits, joined, connected, restart, etc etc)?

One other issue.
Is it possible to send a message to a client immediately after the client connects without an external app? If so how?

Thanks

Dedi update
(6 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG