The online racing simulator
Engine
(13 posts, started )
Engine
I just need one more clarification. I was told that LFS has no engine damage. Therefore does that mean an engine failure (due to a crash or other wise) is not possible?
LFS does have some engine damage, but it's limited. Try shifting from 5th to 1st as quickly as possible towards the end of Blackwood's straight and you'll get noticable damage.

I think complete engine "failures" are impossible though.
By failures i mean the car comes to a complete stop and u have to retire.
#4 - Gunn
No, engine failure is not a feature of LFS currently (nor is there any certainty that it will be in the future), but it is possible to damage the engine so much that it is pointless continuing on. Having said that, to get your engine to this stage requires deliberate and persistent abuse.

If engine failures ever do become a feature of LFS it would be wise to make sure that failures do not occur randomly, but only when the engine has been duly mistreated.
they should have that cus in real racing wen u hit wall hard ur engine blows sometimes and wen u rev to high u should have engine smoke and maby engine fire if u wreck bad that would be cool.
Quote from mutt107 :they should have that cus in real racing wen u hit wall hard ur engine blows sometimes and wen u rev to high u should have engine smoke and maby engine fire if u wreck bad that would be cool.

Really? I thought if you hit a plastic barrier in real life you go flying also.

Stuff takes time, I can't imagine Scawen "overlooked" the most basic concept of destruction.
Quote from Gunn :No, engine failure is not a feature of LFS currently (nor is there any certainty that it will be in the future), but it is possible to damage the engine so much that it is pointless continuing on.

To be pedantic, it is (was?) actually possible to get the engine to stall and not re-start, if there is enough damage. You could call that engine failure. I've never managed it since the engine damage got dramatically reduced with S2 though.
Quote from Bob Smith :I've never managed it since the engine damage got dramatically reduced with S2 though.

FXR?
Quote from mutt107 :they should have that cus in real racing wen u hit wall hard ur engine blows sometimes and wen u rev to high u should have engine smoke and maby engine fire if u wreck bad that would be cool.

Ya they have that in rFactor
#10 - DeKo
drop the XRR from 6th to 1st, the engine is as good as makes no difference to being completely dead.
#11 - Jakg
XRR? FXR is easily the worst due to the 4WD
#12 - DeKo
Quote from Jakg :XRR? FXR is easily the worst due to the 4WD

ah fair enough, hadnt tried it in the FXR.
#13 - Jakg
Quote from DeKo :ah fair enough, hadnt tried it in the FXR.

Actually i think the XRR is just as bad, it's just that if you go 6th>1st it spins, as the rear overtakes the front, whereas in the FXR is just plows on in a straight line.

Engine
(13 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG