The online racing simulator
beginner needs help
(5 posts, started )
#1 - AW06
beginner needs help
hi all

ive had lfs s2 for about 2months and im gettin quicker but it would be great if i could follow an experanced racer for a while.

i keep going round westhill and gettin a time of 2.5mins in a FXO.

any help would be a great help thanks in advance

ive added a replay of a few laps around west hill with a pro AI
Attached files
westhill pro fxo.spr - 724.2 KB - 106 views
You are being far too aggressive with the steering wheel, you're practically at full-lock going into the corners. You need to be very smooth and only move the wheel as little as you need to. If you're finding the wheel too sensitive to movements, you can post what kind of wheel you have I'm sure someone can suggest some decent settings for it.

Aside from that you're sometimes breaking too late into the corners, and sometimes too hard. Like with the steering, be very smooth with both the pedals, squeeze them gently. Also you need to brake in good time for the corners and you should have all your braking done before you hit the apex (middle) of the corner, and then gently accelerate through it.

Just take things easy and try to be smooth.

Also your girlfriend in the passenger seat ain't making you go any faster!
#3 - AW06
i try not to do full lock but i start going into the corner and realise im not going to make it out the other side and think oh s***, same with the brakes

and the girlfriend i dident notice b4 lol

btw im using a logitech formula gp wheel as my red momo aint working
Quote from AW06 :i try not to do full lock but i start going into the corner and realise im not going to make it out the other side and think oh s***, same with the brakes

Brake early for the corners, not late. You don't save much time by braking late, it's more of a focus when you are trying to shave small amounts off of your time. Your primary focus should be getting the best exit out of the corners as possible, and you should brake in plenty of time to allow that to happen.
#5 - Venus
With your wheel, good settings are controller set to 180, wheel compensation set to 1, smooting set to 0.

As mentioned; don't get sucked into late braking. The most important thing is to nail the apex. If you miss it, you stuff up the whole corner. If you nail it, you can get on throttle sooner, and get a much faster exit. Find a braking point that guarantees you hit the apex as stable as possible. Next thing to start working on, is learning how to get on the throttle AT the apex.

Ven

beginner needs help
(5 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG