The online racing simulator
LFS on PS3?
(17 posts, started )
[Mods delete this]
As I know PS3 has a Linux OS. If it has OS than probably you can run LFS on PS3? Anyone tried it or atleast know if this is possible?
#2 - Jakg
IF you put Linux + Wine on the PS3? Maybe, but i doubt it would work at all well with the hardware setup of the PS3
It will work on the PS3 as well as it does on the PSP!

Heck I bet it runs just as good on an SNES.

FYI it doesn't work.
wth if lfs worked on a psp it would be super laggy even if you had a 4gb memory like me
#5 - Jakg
You have 4 GB of storage, not memory.

And how would more memory make up for the 333 MHz CPU?
Quote from Jakg :You have 4 GB of storage, not memory.

And how would more memory make up for the 333 MHz CPU?

thats why i said
Quote : it will be LAGGY

No, it would be utter crap and not worth thinking about. So put it in the "crap" folder in your brain.

Why would you want to play it on the PS3 when you can play it on the PC?
I could have SWORN that there was a thread with this exact same title!

go figure: "LFS on PS3"
Won't work on the PS3, becuase WINE doesn't exist for PowerPC architectures, like the PS3 is, so WINE wouldn't compile. Sort of pisses me off though how people said things in this thread, but didn't take the time to think about telling why it wouldn't work.
Quote from dawesdust_12 :Won't work on the PS3, becuase WINE doesn't exist for PowerPC architectures, like the PS3 is, so WINE wouldn't compile. Sort of pisses me off though how people said things in this thread, but didn't take the time to think about telling why it wouldn't work.

Stupid questions deserve stupid answers.

"There was no such thing as a stupid question, until you opened your mouth." -someone
Well, it's like going to a hardware forum, describing a problem, and asking if you can fix it, and people going "Yep". Not very helpful, I think if people in this thread were more verbose, more confusion could have been avoided.
Quote from The General Lee :
Why would you want to play it on the PS3 when you can play it on the PC?

Because I'm going to buy PS3 and my PC is old.

Anyway thanks to those people who really helped/
Quote from [RF]-art555 :Because I'm going to buy PS3 and my PC is old.

Anyway thanks to those people who really helped/

Helped with what? The answer is no and nothing will change that.
AFAIK the Linux in PS3 doesn't even support 3d acceleration currently.
Play Station is for arcade games only :thumbsdow
i bought ps3 andi tried it worked with a wheel lol but i had to download alot of things that convert windows to linux lol
Quote from Rokit :i bought ps3 andi tried it worked with a wheel lol but i had to download alot of things that convert windows to linux lol

While you may get a few idiots to believe you, rest assured the majority of us aren't stupid enough to believe that.

LFS on PS3?
(17 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG