The online racing simulator
Higher FPS
(32 posts, started )
Quote from Frost_More :True but, the processor isn't that bad... right?

You are getting lots of conflicting advice, seriously, go to the lfs benchmark and do some research. I'm afraid the processor is about as bad as they come, I used to have a 3.4Ghz Extreme edition Pentium 4 and it was still rubbish.
your joking...i got a 1.66Ghz AMD....and that does 70 fps single player with 8 AIs
The problem with pentium 4s is its inefficiency. Don´t let yourself fool by the 2,6 Ghz. Even my Athlon 3200+ running at 2,4 Ghz is a lot faster and that´s an old cpu. At least it gives framerates 50-60 in full grid.
Quote from harjun :your joking...i got a 1.66Ghz AMD....and that does 70 fps single player with 8 AIs

No, I'm not joking, your processor is totally different, as I've said about 3 times now and NikLaw, it is far better at lfs than a p4. go to lfsbench and see for yourself, and benchmark your system while you're at it so you can make real comparisions with other peoples systems, apple for apple like.

You can even see my p4 extreme results for yourself if you go back a few versions, my P4 Extreme did ~60fps but with a horrible min fps of 38.

My Pentium-m does > 90 fps with a minimum of 57 and that's the key, the miniumum framerate, almost double the P4's minimum and about the same as the P4 's AVERAGE :0

The P-m runs at 2.8, the p4 was at 3.4, clock speed means nothing unless comparing identical processor models.

Oh btw, frost_more, if you have an asus P4.... motherboard you can get close to Core2 performance by installing an adapter and a pentium-m chip, again look at lfsbench ok, I'm spent.
#30 - Jakg
Quote from harjun :your joking...i got a 1.66Ghz AMD....and that does 70 fps single player with 8 AIs

You can't compare clock speeds between AMD's and Intels
Quote from mcgas001 :Hi i was wondering if everyone could help me.i have a Pentium 4 3.0GHz with 533FSB,512MB DDR400 ram,80GIG SATA hard drive and 128MB on-board graphics.my problem is i never get more than 30FPS is this about right or what i dont know cause i was speak to someone with an AMD and he said his frame rate was 150+ .any help would be great thanks

...integrated graphics, and we have no idea what CPU he has other than it being an AMD...
Quote from SinneD :what is your budget ? probably your still use an "AGP" slot. i think a "AGP ATI Radeon 1950 PRO" would be a great upgrade for your pc.

You need to know if your using AGP or PCI-e or it will not fit

Erm, putting a great GPU in that setup is wasting money when the CPU will hold him back
Quote from Jakg :Erm, putting a great GPU in that setup is wasting money when the CPU will hold him back

I was just suggestin him one of the best AGP cards available now a days. That's also why i asked him for his budget this card easily out performances a 6600.

And your right his CPU is a little slow, but for €180,- it's not that big of a deal, it's just €30,- over his budget.
Quote from Frost_More :hmm I will look around fior the 6600, I saw some 7xxx for 150 or less aren't these better?

And the 6800 GT Card isn't available for the AGP version I heard...?

guess ure wrong.. I saw many 6800GT AGP at google...
quite good card.. oh btw u wanted an faster card not newer
so i guess for €150 u should get a 6600Gt or 6800GT

i myself use an 6600GT though.

Higher FPS
(32 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG