The online racing simulator

Poll : What car class in YOUR opinion is both popular AND easy to drive ?

Closed since :
Standard cars (ie. XFG, UF1, XRG)
"Little" Single Seater (MRT, FOX)
TBO class (ie. XRT, FXO, RB4)
"Little" GTR (XFR and UFR)
LX4
"Big" GTR (XRR, FZR, FXR)
"L-R-F" class (LX6, RAC, FZ5)
"Big" Single Seater (F08, BF1)
What car is best for a (S2) newbie ?
Hi,

since I'm getting S2 in a few days, I also would like to know cars who are both popular and easy to control. Tracks are nice as well but it's mainly a car's issue as I don't want to drive RAC and/or MRT only to find it's very difficult/unpopular...
UF1 is easy to control, and once the CTRA servers are up, popular too.
#3 - DeKo
my theory was learning to drive with the RAC, because if you can control that bastard you can control anything.
I would practice with the XRT as it is still used in a pretty good amount of S2 servers. Here are the most used cars and tracks in order (counting demo) I attached to this post.
I would start with the little MRT if you are single seater biased. Its plain fun and you still need to be aware of the limitations (bumps etc). If you dont like it, then go with the F08. The FOX is in the middle of nowhere, although its the easiest to start.
If single seaters arent your cup of tea, go with the LX4. IMHO the UF1 its the easiest road car to drive.
cu
I have to disagree on the MRT. It's easily the twitchiest car in the game and VERY susceptible to bumps, not to mentioned lack of smoothness from the driver.

I would also discourage starting with any FWD cars because you can develop bad habits that severely impact your ability to handle a RWD car.

Downforce cars also add a high level of complexity because the car's behavior changes so much with speed. They grip like hell in high speed sweepers but in low speed corners a newbie might get caught out by the sudden decrease in grip.

So my suggestion would be something along the lines of the XRG, XRT, or LX4. After that, maybe the FOX.
xrg is pretty easy to use. maybe try going from xfg to xrg?

the xfr and ufr are very fun to drive... its just they tend to flip if you arent carefull .
Quote from DeKo :my theory was learning to drive with the RAC, because if you can control that bastard you can control anything.

this is very true. After months of driving only the XRT, I decided to drive the RAC for hotlapping. Guess what, it was totally different from XRT nor the FZ5. This RAC is too snappy. Its quite dangerous when doing side by side braking

When you are good with RAC, the other cars wont be much of a problem.
I agree with forbin, FWD can give you some seriously bad habits, but they're great to learn to race with.

As for learning some skills, the LX4 is the daddy. It's pretty raw, but that's the beauty of it. It does everything you ask of it (right or wrong) and doesn't have any peculiar habits like the RAC. the XRT's not bad either, just a little heavier and you'll find more XRTs online.

Whatever it is, make sure it's got road tyres on it. You won't get the best out of a set of slicks until you've mastered road tyres.
I think the MRT's are easy to drive. I know alot of people think they are twitchy but I have not seen it yet with my set ups. The give the sesation of speed with enugh time to turn it at the right time. I find these a great test car for learning new tracks as they have great breaking due to the low weight and good grip with the slicks.

But seriously all you have to do is find a car you like the feel of and suits your driving style and learn with that car. Just dont try and jump into the bigger beasts as you wont beable to control them. Start slow and work your way up in power.
Its really up to you..... I started out with the xrt , but if u like fast cars get the lx6, rac, or fz50.... if you like slow cars get uf1 and that other car that is similiar to it......
I'd recommend sticking to any one of the demo cars you are currently most comfortable with, then move onto the UFR Fun, fast, easy to handle (imo) even with a keyboard :o
#14 - Tomi
I'd say the LX4.

This car is only good when driven smoothly, so a newbie would learn the basics, and the car is still quite easy to drive without too much power.

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG