The online racing simulator
System Upgrade - which one?
(12 posts, started )
#2 - Jakg
Whats yer Graphics Card?

Bearing in mind an E6600 is £130-odd, 2 GB of nice memory is £60 and a nice mobo works out at £70, that seems like a good deal
Not 100% sure what my graphics card is (i'm in work atm). But i do know it's an nVidia GeForce with 256MB, i think itmight be a 7100 or something like that...
How did i know Jakg you'd be the 1st to reply! thanks for your contribution btw I'll sit on it until the end of the week, i'd say my credit card will get hit at some stage early next wk!
#4 - Jakg
The E6600 is a good CPU, but going for cheaper RAM, a cheaper mobo and an E6300 and a better GFX card would be a better idea
But will the GFX card really help LFS?
I don't play anything else... this machine is used solely for LFS and work
#6 - Jakg
Either way i'd go for the E6300 and a 7900GS (which is £70 atm!) because AA makes LFS look soooo much better and that eats GPU power.

With my AMD 3700 (which runs like an FX57 due to overclocking) and a 7950GT i get 4xAA and 40 FPS at the start of a full grid - a faster CPU would help the FPS, but a better GFX card would probably be overkill.
Hi Nikimere,

if you want to upgrade then with untill 22nd July - 2 nd August.
Intell will come with new line of C2D processors which will be at the same speed much cheaper or you can get at that time for the same price faster CPU. Its worth to wait in my opinion.
Quote from DEVIL 007 :Hi Nikimere,

if you want to upgrade then with untill 22nd July - 2 nd August.
Intell will come with new line of C2D processors which will be at the same speed much cheaper or you can get at that time for the same price faster CPU. Its worth to wait in my opinion.

hmmm... that's interesting where did you get that info from?
#10 - Jakg
For the most.... tempting bit of information on the 22nd the price of the Q6600 (The Quad-Core variant of the E6600) will be running at £133 if you buy 1000 for suppliers, add the "being in the UK" tax and your looking at around a sub-£200 Quad COre
#11 - Dru
Quote from Jakg :For the most.... tempting bit of information on the 22nd the price of the Q6600 (The Quad-Core variant of the E6600) will be running at £133 if you buy 1000 for suppliers, add the "being in the UK" tax and your looking at around a sub-£200 Quad COre

but thats not marked up retail price is it?
#12 - Jakg
generally theres very little markup on CPU's, like 15%

(12 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG