The online racing simulator
LFS on Vista
(30 posts, started )
LFS on Vista
Hi folks, just a word about M$ Vista, installed LFS and first thing I noticed, no engine sound, next thing is no unlock capability as connection to the master servers seem to be either full or I have a problem with outbound connections that I've never had before, any help would be greatly appreciated. If any other info is required to resolve the problems just ask.

Thanks in advance
#2 - Jakg
are you using LFS Patch X?
Cant connect to master server regardless of patch
Your sound issues could be the driver for your sound card. Is it working ok with other games?

I'm not sure LFS supports Vista. I know there are tonnes of problems with Vista and gaming (have nvidia released GA drivers yet???), I think the best way forwards is to maintain an XP installation for gaming and all the other stuff that doesn't work on Vista currently!!

I recently got a new Dell laptop and had to uninstall most of the Dell preload software as it didn't work on Vista, even though the machine came with Vista pre-loaded too, for example, the Dell wireless utility was stopping the wireless working : )
I know a few people with Vista that run LFS with no problems.
But is Vista supported by LFS? These are two very different things......

What sound card do you have? Are there GA Vista drivers available for it?
afaik, yes.
What sound card do you have? Do you have Vista drivers for it?
i have Vista, and i have no probs...
Same here and my brother both have vista no problems i dont understand why all these people have some many problems with it
Sometimes it depends on which version of Vista you have and how the game is installed. Ultimate edition for example has more annoying security details than I've ever seen. When I had LFS on my second drive (taken from my old PC), I couldn't unlock LFS - worked fine when I copied the folder to my C Drive? Go figure

Try going to the User Accounts in control panel and turn off the access control then try to unlock again. Sound wise, as already posted, what card do you have?
I have a problem with LFS and Vista. The game runs like charm, no complains, but... my monitor goes to sleep after ten minutes!!! (pre determined setting on my Vista).

Why on earth doesnt Vista recognize that Im doing something?? (Im racing, and the last thing I want is a black monitor that makes me crash).

What can I do? I know what some might say:

"Dont use that power setting with Vista"

But this is not an option, first, because my computer is on the whole day, and I want to extend the life of my monitor.

Secondly, because its a problem with LFS not being recognized by Vista as a running program.

Thanks.
i got vista home premium, fine here for me....try right clicking on the .exe file, and click run as administrator....then click allow. it will give it FULL priority
Thanks to Renku and Harjun, I will try that about running it as administrator.
Windows Vista Business N (no Mediaplayer) -> no problems at all!
Quote from Bodhidharmazen :Thanks to Renku and Harjun, I will try that about running it as administrator.

Done it. I was in a championship race and then, Vista turned off my monitor!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What can I conclude?

VISTA DOES NOT RECOGNIZE LFS AS A RUNNING PROGRAM
Guess you have to downclock your CPU so LFS uses a higher CPU % and is thus recognized as active. Or you disable the screensaver. Or even better, you throw away that pile of crap OS.
i am playing LFS on a vista. tho its not old i got it like 3 months :/
Quote from Gnarkill013 :i am playing LFS on a vista. tho its not old i got it like 3 months :/

Which are your settings for screensaver and power management? is it setup to turn of the monitor automatically at a determinated point?
Quote from AndroidXP :Guess you have to downclock your CPU so LFS uses a higher CPU % and is thus recognized as active. Or you disable the screensaver. Or even better, you throw away that pile of crap OS.

Im running it with "administration privileges" what else can I do to force Vista to recognize it as a running software... furthermore, a software Im interacting with?
Guess nobody else is having this problem? Does everyone else plays on XP?
Quote from Bodhidharmazen :Guess nobody else is having this problem? Does everyone else plays on XP?

I run everything on vista ultimate 32bit version and lfs runs perfectly fine. What ever issue your experiencing is either, other software or hardware conflict on your parts. Also disable uac that is one of the main reasons why people have a lot of problems. I can play old games such as fallout 1 and 2 more recent games such as rFactor and lfs just fine. Also if you have an nvidia video card that may cause a lot of issues for you on vista, i have an x1900xt and everything runs flawlessly, except for stalker running slower becuase the developers are morons.
Quote from stjuart :I run everything on vista ultimate 32bit version and lfs runs perfectly fine. What ever issue your experiencing is either, other software or hardware conflict on your parts. Also disable uac that is one of the main reasons why people have a lot of problems. I can play old games such as fallout 1 and 2 more recent games such as rFactor and lfs just fine. Also if you have an nvidia video card that may cause a lot of issues for you on vista, i have an x1900xt and everything runs flawlessly, except for stalker running slower becuase the developers are morons.

Sorry but whats the uac?? umbilical artery catheter? unaltered augsburg confession? undergraduate advisory committee?

And yes, I have an nvidia board... shame on me? lol

LFS on Vista
(30 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG