The online racing simulator
My New Autocross Car!!
(19 posts, started )
My New Autocross Car!!
Well guys, finally it has happened. I have just purchased my new dedicated autocross / play car. It is a 1991 Civic Si, maxed to the SCCA STS Class rules. I drove it this past weekend for the first time at an autocross in Hershey, PA and what a blast it was (picture below). That was enough to convince me that this is the car I want.

It has a freshly rebuilt engine with only 3,000 miles, and the suspension setup is just awesome. Just figured I would let guys know. Link below is a page compiled by the previous owner, and lists all modifications and more pictures and videos.

http://www.saturnspd.com/91si/

A Civic?
#3 - (SaM)
I think it's a Ferrari.
Race Set-Up:
Enkie RPF1s 15x7", 205/50x15" Falken Azenis, racing valve stems, Axas Racing light weight lug nuts

Race Set-Up II:
Kosei K1s 15x7", 205/50x15" Hoosier A3S03 tires, racing valve stems, Axas Racing light weight lug nuts

omg sex rims lol
Lol,I suppose it has a 18" muffler tip as well,eh?
looks like you'll have some fun throwing that around, grats.
I think it is pretty cool, have fun at events

BTW, it looks like you have a camera mounted inside it, ever think of making some videos for us to watch?

EDIT: :doh: You have tons of videos below to download, thanks!

:up:
Quote from Pootie :Lol,I suppose it has a 18" muffler tip as well,eh?

Actually the exhaust is not very extreme at all. No huge tip. Everything was done with the consideration of saving weight.

None of those videos are of me racing. The only incar and out of car ones I have are the ones from my Saturn. You can check out one of my videos here, let me know what you think

http://www.saturnspd.com/video/10-2Adam32STS.wmv
very cool. have fun!

speedfreak227
You probably have fun with the XF GTR on Autocross Looks like a fun car, I've always wanted to do autocross, but my car isn't exactly suited for it, at all.
Have fun and Congrats :up:
Quote from 96 GTS :You probably have fun with the XF GTR on Autocross Looks like a fun car, I've always wanted to do autocross, but my car isn't exactly suited for it, at all.
Have fun and Congrats :up:

Bahhh you can autocross any car!!
My car is 3500lbs, 209in long, and has a 113in wheelbase. It also has an automatic transmission. Sure I -could- autocross it, but I'd get laughed at. (1998 Chrysler Concorde)
You'd be surprised at what some people want to autocross.... practically any car they want.... as long as the event's organizers are ok with what you've got.

One thing is for sure, I always see people bring their car on the course just to have fun, that is what it is all about. Where you can legally drive your car like a nutcase!!!
Quote from 96 GTS :My car is 3500lbs, 209in long, and has a 113in wheelbase. It also has an automatic transmission. Sure I -could- autocross it, but I'd get laughed at. (1998 Chrysler Concorde)

Look at the bright side--as the only car in your class, you're guaranteed first place.
nice car!

speedfreak what karts do u drive?
Quote from 5th Earth :Look at the bright side--as the only car in your class, you're guaranteed first place.

I should try it sometime, it does look and sound like a lot of fun. It'd be entertaining to see if I could actually fit my car through some of the tighter corners, but yes, I'd be guaranteed a win LOL
Takin mine to the SCCA Autocross this year Got me some beater tires all ready to go

Oh and adamkob32 dont take to much offence to the sig :-p
Quote from DodgeRacer :Takin mine to the SCCA Autocross this year Got me some beater tires all ready to go

Oh and adamkob32 dont take to much offence to the sig :-p

That's alright, my civic is pre-vtec anyway so no v-tach powwahh for me lol. Thankfully so too as after the 2006 season it will be getting a supercharger, and some stickier tires and I'll move up to the Street Mod class.
Nice car.

My New Autocross Car!!
(19 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG