The online racing simulator
Tyres?
(12 posts, started )
Tyres?
Hello

Before all this preload mumbo jumbo was introduced, in the FOX at ASClub I could run the first few laps with the right amount of grip and as the race got on, my tyres would wear and I would lose small amounts of grip towards the end of the race.

Since X was released, The first lap would be filled with grip, then the next 5 laps would be lacking grip, then the last 3 laps I would have super grip.

Am I crazy, or am I running the wrong tyres?
#2 - Woz
Quote from The General Lee :Hello

Before all this preload mumbo jumbo was introduced, in the FOX at ASClub I could run the first few laps with the right amount of grip and as the race got on, my tyres would wear and I would lose small amounts of grip towards the end of the race.

Since X was released, The first lap would be filled with grip, then the next 5 laps would be lacking grip, then the last 3 laps I would have super grip.

Am I crazy, or am I running the wrong tyres?

FOX has been through car balancing and the spec has changed so it will not drive exactly as before. You need to tweak your set or change your driving

I got a set from one of the aliens on the server.

But I find the increase and decrease of grip over 8 laps very odd.

Lap1 - Grip is high. I do a reasonable lap.
Lap2 - Grip is below average. Lap time is slow. High 1.02
Lap3 - Grip is below average. Lap time is slow. High 1.02
Lap4 - Grip is below average. Lap time is slow. High 1.02
Lap5 - Grip is below average. Lap time is slow. High 1.02
Lap6 - Grip is average. lap time is still quite slow, but faster. Low 1.02
Lap7 - Grip is high and car is very responsive. Lap times are fast (for me) Mid 1.01
Lap8 - Grip is high and car is very responsive. Lap times are fast (for me) Mid 1.01

That is at ASClub in the FOX.
He's talking about the FOX, the open-wheeler that your grandma could drive, not the FXO, the saloon that your great-grandmother could drive.
Ah-hem...

You "grandma" or nan could drive it, after practise
I would love to meet your grandma..

Dam
i would like to aks what is diference betwen diferent tyer-marks?
Are there more brands just so u can change visual of tyres or are there some diferences?
Just visuals (for now).
#9 - Woz
Quote from Forbin :He's talking about the FOX, the open-wheeler that your grandma could drive, not the FXO, the saloon that your great-grandmother could drive.

Bugger. I never drive either of the grandma cars so easy to confuse lol

Quote from The General Lee :I got a set from one of the aliens on the server.

But I find the increase and decrease of grip over 8 laps very odd.

Lap1 - Grip is high. I do a reasonable lap.
Lap2 - Grip is below average. Lap time is slow. High 1.02
Lap3 - Grip is below average. Lap time is slow. High 1.02
Lap4 - Grip is below average. Lap time is slow. High 1.02
Lap5 - Grip is below average. Lap time is slow. High 1.02
Lap6 - Grip is average. lap time is still quite slow, but faster. Low 1.02
Lap7 - Grip is high and car is very responsive. Lap times are fast (for me) Mid 1.01
Lap8 - Grip is high and car is very responsive. Lap times are fast (for me) Mid 1.01

That is at ASClub in the FOX.

Have you looked at the tyre colour. The tyres start cool and heat as you drive and put load on them so grip will come up and they heat until they get too hot where the grip will go off.

Look at the F9 display.

The only effect of pre-load is to stop a Clutch Pac diff (None of the others are affected) from becoming an open diff between locking states.
Most go green then stay green. But my right front gets hot spots from locking up. I got this is W anyways.
Quote from The General Lee :Most go green then stay green. But my right front gets hot spots from locking up. I got this is W anyways.

We are testing the tire issue in our team. It appears that in the FZR at least, the tires do well up until about laps 10-12. Depending on the track , the fronts begin to cool off in an unnatural way but gradually. The skin stays warm but the inside goes blue and cold. This leads to blow outs. If they stay cold, they usually blow out around laps 27-30 as we tested on West Hill. Of course, tire wear has an impact on blow outs too.

Yesterday I did some testing on the Kyoto Oval (with FZR) to see if they cooled off evenly. I was surprised to see that the left front cooled off to black while the right rear was nice and green. The right front had a red skin running about 125 degrees on R3s. The same thing happened driving the BF1.

This is new stuff to me. It never happened before. Who knows what they did to patch X, LOL!
Quote from Indiana Jim :Yesterday I did some testing on the Kyoto Oval (with FZR) to see if they cooled off evenly. I was surprised to see that the left front cooled off to black while the right rear was nice and green. The right front had a red skin running about 125 degrees on R3s. The same thing happened driving the BF1.

This is new stuff to me. It never happened before. Who knows what they did to patch X, LOL!

That's nothing new in patch X. Seriously, have you never looked at the F9 display during racing before? There's really nothing surprising about it, seeing that the right tyres are doing the most work, while the left ones are almost useless. The front right of course undergoes much more scrubbing, so the surface heats more, while the rear tyre has to support all that weight causing the tyre to "walk" and squish more, heating the air inside.

Tyres?
(12 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG