The online racing simulator
Spec Setup Racing Servers?
(9 posts, started )
#1 - Cargo
Are there any public servers with a RACE_S or other spec setup policy?

(mainly I only ask because I just installed X, haven't played since L, my old LFS-NAL league went poof, and I rather get casual racing with the RACE_S spec then going through a lot of development time on setups. bad enough I don't remember most of the tracks (almost))

Good to be back all /wave
Team Inferno setup field to teh rescue. Try a few promising looking sets, tweak tyre pressure and final gear depending on track and you're good to go.

Welcome back.

No forced Race_S servers around, I'm afraid.
Many of us would like to have such servers (or leagues), but right now there's no easy way to enforce setups or make sure everyone is using the same one. Hopefully, Scawen will implement server side forced setups in the future, but he's already got a lot on his plate as it is.
Yep, I'd like to see them too. Then we could have races in road cars that actually pitch and roll like most road cars really do. (Been discussed a lot, though, some things should always be adjustable because equipment varies).
#5 - Cargo
I suppose it would take a league/honor system to do.

Thanks for the replys.
Luckily I still have Inferno in the old bookmarks so that's all good.

I remember spending many painfull laps getting some of those to work for me though. I really like the safe feel of the Race_S but know it obviously not the fastest.
So it becomes of decision of work up the Race_S or tune down the Inferno sets.

If anyone has an honor league that runs spec or limited spec setups that would be grand to know about. Hmm, maybe I'll start on in my spare time (not)
#6 - Cargo
Quote from sinbad :(, some things should always be adjustable because equipment varies).

For sure. Aero and Tyres at the least. Diff and some Suspension maybe even.

But really, a Race_S Leage would be bombasitc. They are good and fun.
Quote from Cargo :For sure. Aero and Tyres at the least. Diff and some Suspension maybe even.

But really, a Race_S Leage would be bombasitc. They are good and fun.

Well, I don't think Aero, necessarily, and if it's a spec-setup race you want, certainly not diff or suspension. Things like steering lock and brake force are the ones that are so effected by the equipment we use, that they have to be adjustable for everybody.
#8 - Cargo
Oh, that equipment, hehe, I was thinking in-sim not on-desk

--searching for Race_S League--
I'm working on it!

http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?t=26027

I was trying to get a dedicated server up and running, but need to work out a few bugs before it's up. It helps that I barely know what I'm doing. Basically if you don't share your setup with any racer that asks, or with the admin when asked, you're gone. With the XRT and XRG, the setups are pretty basic and it only takes a few seconds to check one over and make sure it's up to spec.

I might get a server up for a bit tomorrow night.

(9 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG