The online racing simulator
Graphics screwing up, need help!
(11 posts, started )
Ok, I just had a serious crash while playing LFS, and after the reboot LFS looks like in the attached screenshot when playing. The same happens in SOME of my games too, but then everything's fine in other games. For example, the very old Virtual Pool 3 screws up, yet System Shock 2 runs fine. Even PSP is producing such errors.

It very very much looks like some broken video memory, but maybe anyone of you knows more about that? I tried downclocking and stuff, but it doesn't change anything. I restarted multiple times and everything has definitely cooled down (as my case is open now). Maybe the memory chips got too hot?

My system specs:
A64 3200+
Asus A8N SLI
MSI NX6600GT (PCIe)
1 Gig RAM
Attached images
errors.jpg
if your computer has a built in video card, try turning off your computer, unplugging your video card, and starting up your computer and see what happens, that would be the best way to determine that problem for sure

there could be so many different things, i bet doing that would be the easiest to do and most practical first
Nope, no onboard video
what type of crash was it, like a power outage or what?
it almost looks (guess) as though its memory damage
Yeah, it just froze to a black screen. Heard the sound for a short time and then it was over => reset.
its overheating or has memory problems, stick a bigger fan on it or rma it
Looks like borked memory on your graphics card. Could be other things though.

-Check your tempertures on your GFX card.
-Check your PSU is up to the job. A lack of power can cause that
-Make sure the heatsink on your GFX card is seated properly. It may have dislodged, or you may not have replaced it properly if you removed it.

Does it happen in any other games?

Looks liek an RMA jobbie to me, or if your out of warranty a new GFX card.
do you get teh same effect with a different videocard? Those artifacts look similar to what shows up when the videocards memory or core is overheating.
Quote from AndroidXP :Ok, I just had a serious crash while playing LFS, and after the reboot LFS looks like in the attached screenshot when playing. The same happens in SOME of my games too, but then everything's fine in other games. For example, the very old Virtual Pool 3 screws up, yet System Shock 2 runs fine. Even PSP is producing such errors.

It very very much looks like some broken video memory, but maybe anyone of you knows more about that? I tried downclocking and stuff, but it doesn't change anything. I restarted multiple times and everything has definitely cooled down (as my case is open now). Maybe the memory chips got too hot?

My system specs:
A64 3200+
Asus A8N SLI
MSI NX6600GT (PCIe)
1 Gig RAM

AndroidXP from my experience this is failed memory on the GFX card. I had this happen on a TI4600 that was given to me, ended up just bining it.

You know what i am going to say, have you got another GFX card to test
Well, no, not before the weekends (I can loot my old Ti 4200 from my old comp then). Whatever, it's still under warranty and I'll try to replace it today.

Just went to the store where I bought it and... they replaced it without asking any questions. Just looked at the warranty, took the old card and gave me a new one. Awesome. I'm flattened.

I thought they'll probably send the old one to nVidia and let me wait 4 weeks before I get my new one, but they just repaced it. This officially made my day.

(11 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG