The online racing simulator
XF GTi hotlap rank
(10 posts, started )
XF GTi hotlap rank
Why does this rank include only road circuits and no rallycross? RallyX requires good skills, different to asphalt racing. And then, why on Earth is there the KY Oval?! What kind of skill does it require?!
I dunno the answer to your question, but I can hear the Americans coming to flame the bejeezuz out of you .
Quote from farcar :I dunno the answer to your question, but I can hear the Americans coming to flame the bejeezuz out of you .

No, he has a point, rallycross is far better for the GTi than any ol' boring oval... (im not a fan of the oval myself, nor of nascar (probably some Jeff Gordon Fan Club will hunt me down for saying this) )

I never even knew the GTi rank didn't have any rallycross to do... that is kind of odd since the GTi is great fun for RallyX
I like to race at oval with FO8 and GTR class, but GTi is not a proper car for it. TBO cars indeed require braking there, but GTi, UF1000 as well as Formula XR do not.
#5 - kel64
The laps required are the same for all the cars available, so suitable tracks are needed, i.e. no rallycross because its not suitable for the race cars.
It's quite sensless to put all cars into the same restrictions. Why doesn't then VW Polo Cup take place at Lausitzring trioval? That's the same improper as to require FO8 to hotlap at club tracks such as FE1/AS1.
I suspect the rally combos have been left out for now so that we can have a seperate rally rank once the fabled pack is here. Which is gonna be soo cool.

As for the tracks, I agree they should be tailored somewhat for the car. I mean Eric has specifically designed fast and slow combinations so that we can pick one that suits the car, the hotlap ranks should reflect this effort.
Bob , do you have any secret news about the rally stuff?
I'm sadly beggining to think it's only a hushhush ....
#9 - ajp71
I think if rallycross is to be added to hotlaps it should be in a seperate rank.
Quote from Kashopi :Bob , do you have any secret news about the rally stuff?

Sorry I didn't get to quiz Scawen about it (or the LX8) at the kart meet but there have been official statements by the devs about rallying, I don't know any more than anybody else but perhaps I just have a better memory.

XF GTi hotlap rank
(10 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG