The online racing simulator
Have 100$
(16 posts, started )
#1 - Sudo
Have 100$
I've budgeted 100$ to spend on my entry to PC racing sims. Currently I'm planing on spending 60-70 on a DFP and then what I have remaining on S1, because I don't think I'll have enough for S2. Should I get the DFP and S1, or a cheaper wheel and S2? If I go with option 2, what wheel should I get? I need help deciding what to do. Definitely leaning toward number 1.
DEFINETLY not s1, cos only like 7 servers run on it, get s2, ull have a fun time
#3 - Sudo
I fully understand that there are no S1 servers, but I am looking at getting something quick, for 100$. I can't get a DFP and S2 for 100$, which leads to my question. I have full intention of getting S2 either way, it will just be a month later if i get the DPF.
cheaper wheel and s2
thats what i recomend
DFP + S1.

S1 will only really be any use offline - the multiplayer is dead - but at least you can upgrade it to S2.

If you buy a cheap wheel, that's just wasted money. I wouldn't buy anything cheaper than a DFP.

I think you've made a good choice.
#6 - troy
Quote from Sudo :I fully understand that there are no S1 servers, but I am looking at getting something quick, for 100$. I can't get a DFP and S2 for 100$, which leads to my question. I have full intention of getting S2 either way, it will just be a month later if i get the DPF.

get the dfp and S1 plus S2 as soon as you can (at least thats how i would do it) dfp is probably the best wheel on the market for the money you spend on it. all other wheels in a lower (or the same) price range got around 300° steering lock and just pedals, dfp you get 900° plus the semi auto gearshifter

once the ctra servers are back up you can also have a lot of good racing in S1, i never was on other S1 servers so far so cant tell how's the users there. normally i wouldn't advice someone to buy S1 but in your case the dfp will be a good choice and you can always switch to S2 if you got the money, if you buy a crap wheel you will regret the cash spent on it someday
First of all, how do you plan on getting a DFP for only $60, thats less than half the price. The cheapest DFP I can find is still $90, and that is refurbished if not just plain used. $70 won't even get you a used momo racing, I would say if you want a DFP then save up some more money and buy S2, or buy the DFP and stick with demo until you can make $45 to afford S2.
#8 - Sudo
#9 - troy
over here you can get the dfp for 45 euro thats roughly 65$ its maybe worth to search a bit more and see if there's a better price
#10 - Jakg
In answer to your original question - DFP + S1, if you decide LFS ain't for you then you've got a wheel and a good one, too, plus once you've bought a crappy wheel you'll get buggar all for it if you try to sell it.
Quote from Sudo :I'm gonna get S2, race with a hacked Xbox 1 controller, and save for the DFP. Got the DFP and MOMO prices confused.

Good idea - you can have functional control using a pad rather than a wheel, KB is generally undrivable for faster cars though. And S1 servers are almost always empty.
S1 isn't so dead anymore, because S1 servers appear on S2. Hosters!! When your server only has S1 content, make it on S1, S2 owners will also see it on their server list!
#13 - Sudo
I went ahead and bought it. Figured I'd rather play the whole thing with a gamepad then half with a wheel.
Well actually
I got my dfp for like 65 bucks on ebay FTW !
#15 - Gaas
Quote from Sudo :I went ahead and bought it. Figured I'd rather play the whole thing with a gamepad then half with a wheel.

grats , a wheel will come soon dont worry
while u have time and are waiting .. go dispatch some newspapers or work in mcDonalds .. u dont need to work a lot for those 25$

hi gaas

Have 100$
(16 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG