The online racing simulator
6 Km Straight Oval Track
(45 posts, started )
World Of Outlaws came to bristol and they covered that in mud as well (sprint cars) 15.55 is the fastest time there. Bristol FTW!!

Quote from Fischfix :we need all kind of ovals in my opinion. short tracks, speedways and superspeedways AND a proper car, proper tire wear and better aero physics but yep... why not starting with a short-track on mud... however i like tarmac and concrete more: BRISTOL FOR THE WIN!

#27 - Woz
people who hate the fact you dont have to lift in the oval should try the GTT on it. A cars you have to lift with.
GTT?
#31 - tade
-1 from me. We need more complex tracks, not oval ones.
Quote :people who hate the fact you dont have to lift in the oval should try the GTT on it. A cars you have to lift with.

I dont know which car you are referring too, but all of the slick tyred cars can take the Kyoto oval flat out - although a brief and gentle lift can result in faster lap times and longer tyre life.

As ovals go Kyoto serves its purpose but things could be much better for oval racing in LFS with a shorter and tighter oval circuit.
A bristol replica would be perfect, as mentioned in some of the above posts.
Pretty sure when he says GTT he means XRT.

...which doesn't make any sense.
The ideal oval for LFS right now, I think, would be a 1-1.5mi tri-oval with a 1/8mi Legends oval in the front stretch and a 1/4mi dirt oval outside the paved oval (3 configs). I would love a Bristol replica, though.

edit: we'd definitely need a couple cars purpose-built for oval racing to make it worth it, though. a dirt modified and a NASCAR-style stock car, at least.
GTT=XRG GT Turbo, what we use to call the XRT back pre S2 release (S1 and S2 demo). My skin for the XRT has a GTT "emblem" on it.

As for the really long boring large straight oval track, I could care less. I can understand why some folks would enjoy having it. "Test" tracks would be interesting to play with offline, but not for racing. But since the focus is with "online racing", I doubt the devs would bother with this.

The current oval can't be compared to a high speed test track. Even though you can run around with the throttle pedal floored for the entire track, you still scrub speed off around the turns. For testing maximum top speed, you need very very long straights so you can wind it up with a high gear ratio. A gear ratio that would bog down greatly entering into any turn.
That Mercedes picture is insane!

-1 to test track, +1 to track with a long straight (Le Mans style) I watched an onboard lap from looooooong ago and the driver was saying they used the straight to relax, but it was easy to underestimate their speed and mess up the last turn because they'd been going for so long.
^^^
i never knew that
Quote from spookthehamster :That Mercedes picture is insane!

-1 to test track, +1 to track with a long straight (Le Mans style) I watched an onboard lap from looooooong ago and the driver was saying they used the straight to relax, but it was easy to underestimate their speed and mess up the last turn because they'd been going for so long.

Watched the same Vídeo in some TV Channel, remembered of me playing GT4 with my 900+ HP Supre Turbo and trying to reach top speed using the 6 km straight... that's why i said about having something like this... and it's a nice circuit BTW ( talking about La Sarthe )... EVEN having a boring 6 km straight...
Quote from DeadWolfBones :Pretty sure when he says GTT he means XRT.

...which doesn't make any sense.

Just wondering, why doesn't the XRT on the oval make any sense?
Quote from PMD9409 :Just wondering, why doesn't the XRT on the oval make any sense?

I meant that it doesn't make any sense that you'd have to throttle off or use brake in the XRT. Sounds like a setup problem if you do.
Quote from DeadWolfBones :I meant that it doesn't make any sense that you'd have to throttle off or use brake in the XRT. Sounds like a setup problem if you do.

Well in a hotlapping circumstance yes you can, but not when you are racing. There is 1 or 2 lines where you can actually go wide open in it (but only by yourself), makes for some good racing if you ask me. Maybe some "oval junkies" here should try doing XRT around the oval in a race (not alone because anything on the oval alone gets boring).

And if you do try, have fun being fast by not doing the low line in the last turn .
Wow amazing!
The LX6 or other LRF cars... now those you really have to back off for.
Quote from IceMan31x :World Of Outlaws came to bristol and they covered that in mud as well (sprint cars) 15.55 is the fastest time there. Bristol FTW!!

is that because of the rebuilding of the track. i've heard they are going to brake down the whole track and rebuild it with logarithmic bankings.

6 Km Straight Oval Track
(45 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG