The online racing simulator
LFS keeps crashing since patch X
(18 posts, started )
Hi!

I'm running LFS via "CrossOver" on my iMac And since patch X the game crashes constantly.. for example; when i've started an single player race and want to change the setup i press Shift+p and then the game crashes.. same while i'm online. Sometimes it crashes when i just press Esc to open the menu. Also when online and a race restarts, LFS crashes. I can't even join servers when it's not empty, then as soon as i open the menu with Esc and click Join it crashes.. (some time it already crashes when i press Esc).

I'm sure it's not because i'm running LFS via CrossOver, becouse i didn't had this before patch X.

I tried to re-install LFS but that doesn't help either.. Anyone an idea??
Cross Over
i think you should try it with out cross over cuase patch X has updated a lot off stuff.its only ann idea but it might work
Quote from mcgas001 :i think you should try it with out cross over cuase patch X has updated a lot off stuff.its only ann idea but it might work

Without CrossOver the game doesn't run. Becouse CrossOver lets you use (for example) .exe files (programs) on an iMac. An iMac normally doesn't handle .exe files, so without CrossOver it's useless.

Thanks for your effort though
well if it doesnt use .exe files doesnt that tell you that you shouldnt be using it in the first place
Might want to talk to the crossover guys directly. Sounds like LFS is doing something that crossover isn't expecting or doesn't handle in the correct way.

Unfortunately that's the risk you take with a compatibility layer.
Quote from mcgas001 :well if it doesnt use .exe files doesnt that tell you that you shouldnt be using it in the first place

CrossOver lets you use .exe on an iMac.

Quote from the_angry_angel :Might want to talk to the crossover guys directly. Sounds like LFS is doing something that crossover isn't expecting or doesn't handle in the correct way.

Unfortunately that's the risk you take with a compatibility layer.

I'll have a go at that thanks.
Quote from Sponge :CrossOver lets you use .exe on an iMac.

I'll have a go at that thanks.

I KNOW THAT ITS JUST THAT IF APPLE OR THE DEVS OF LFS WANTED YOU 2 USE IT ON THE MAC THEY WOULD MAKE THE MAC SO IT RUNS .EXE AND THE DEVS WOULD CREATE A LFS FOR THE MAC USERS BUT GUESS WHAT THEY DONT.SO DONT YOU SEE WHAT IM SAYING
Dude.. calm down... sjeez
#9 - Jakg
Quote from mcgas001 :I KNOW THAT ITS JUST THAT IF APPLE OR THE DEVS OF LFS WANTED YOU 2 USE IT ON THE MAC THEY WOULD MAKE THE MAC SO IT RUNS .EXE AND THE DEVS WOULD CREATE A LFS FOR THE MAC USERS BUT GUESS WHAT THEY DONT.SO DONT YOU SEE WHAT IM SAYING

Erm, do you have a clue what your talking about?
Quote from Jakg :
Quote from mcgas001 :I KNOW THAT ITS JUST THAT IF APPLE OR THE DEVS OF LFS WANTED YOU 2 USE IT ON THE MAC THEY WOULD MAKE THE MAC SO IT RUNS .EXE AND THE DEVS WOULD CREATE A LFS FOR THE MAC USERS BUT GUESS WHAT THEY DONT.SO DONT YOU SEE WHAT IM SAYING

Erm, do you have a clue what your talking about?

i don't
#11 - joen
When it crashes does it give you any error messages or crash address? If so, it might be good to post some screenshots of it. Then Scawen will probably be able to tell where it goes wrong and maybe he can do something about it.
Quote from joen :When it crashes does it give you any error messages or crash address? If so, it might be good to post some screenshots of it. Then Scawen will probably be able to tell where it goes wrong and maybe he can do something about it.

No, the screen just goes black...
#13 - vane
from what ive read and forgetting what i havent wouldn't it just be easier to get a pc? expensive but worth it :P
Quote from vane :from what ive read and forgetting what i havent wouldn't it just be easier to get a pc? expensive but worth it :P

finally someone understands my point
#15 - Davo
Why when he can natively run windows using bootcamp but has chosen to run crossover instead? Personally I'd use bootcamp :P
Quote from mcgas001 :finally someone understands my point

Your point is obvious and obviously not what he's asking for. So stuff it or try to seriously help.
#17 - vane
this finally proves PCs are just much better than MACs
Quote from DeadWolfBones :Your point is obvious and obviously not what he's asking for. So stuff it or try to seriously help.

Thanks I know it would be best to get an PC to run LFS. But the point is that LFS ran nicely with CrossOver before patch X came out.

Quote from vane :this finally proves PCs are just much better than MACs

[offtopic] I wouldn't choose a PC over an iMac if my life dependent on it. I know a PC has way more games and stuff.. but the Mac games are growing too And if you compare the rest of available software, PC and Mac have the same available. One of the advantages of a Mac over a PC is that there are NO viruses what so ever, there haven't been viruses for it since the beginning so the chance one will come in the future is really slim.. [/offtopic]

(18 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG