The online racing simulator
S2 Licence
(42 posts, started )
S2 Licence
i everyone i have been sitting thinking and thinking about S2.my questions to everyone is

1.is it worth it ?

2. i only have keyboard is it still worth it ?

3.will i get noob crashers in there ?
Yes its Worth it

i had a keyboard and used it for 3 months then i got a wheel and from time to time i still use the keyboard so if your good at it with the keys its worth it...for me its more realistic with the wheel....i bout s2 about 1 year after i bought my wheel...save up and buy s2 then the wheel or vise versa

I couldnt believe it but yes you will see newbs in s2 servers as i found out today when i was playing...they were doing the normal newb things like crashing, not following rules, etc....there are some servers that have the host actually playing and they deal with them...but if your in a server where the host isnt playing you can have the newb kicked or banned and if that dosent work you can change to a different server
#3 - joen
1. Yes
2. Yes, but definitely get a wheel as it will add so much more to the experience
3. Yes, but much much less than on the demo servers. Plus, in S2 there are ways to take measures against crashers, which aren't possible on demo servers.
Thanks Guys
hey thanks guys i have just ordered my licence now so i will be racing with you shortly
#5 - joen
The right decision sir
Quote from mcgas001 :hey thanks guys i have just ordered my licence now so i will be racing with you shortly

Welcome to s2 tip here user your mouse for the racing as it works better then the keyboard unless u highly skilled keyboard driver.
#7 - garph
I know this problably isn't the best time to say this or what you want to hear, as you just spent some cash, but you'll need to get a wheel at some point. You'll miss out on soooooo much if you stay with KB/mouse, so start saving
welcome to s2 mate You will love it

:wave2:
Hey everyone thanks for the big welcome but i have a question to ask instaead of using a wheel as im not too keen on them would a controller like a ps2 1 be better than a keyboard ????
Quote from mcgas001 :Hey everyone thanks for the big welcome but i have a question to ask instaead of using a wheel as im not too keen on them would a controller like a ps2 1 be better than a keyboard ????

depends. im many cases,no. There is a small number of people who use gamepads,I was one of them,but then I got a wheel....much,much better experience.
Quote from mcgas001 :Hey everyone thanks for the big welcome but i have a question to ask instaead of using a wheel as im not too keen on them would a controller like a ps2 1 be better than a keyboard ????

A pad with analogue sticks would better than KB, but a wheel is best for this game, you have much more precise control with them.

If you spend a little cash and get good wheel (http://www.lfsforum.net/forumdisplay.php?f=15) some good info there I'm sure you'll grow to like a wheel much, much more.
I use a Logitech Rumblepad while I can't get a wheel... I'd say it's much better than kb or mouse.
Quote from Gil07 :I use a Logitech Rumblepad while I can't get a wheel... I'd say it's much better than kb or mouse.

I use it too. I had a wheel but it died so I'm playing with Gamepd for now. Just use analouge only. Its way better than keabord
Quote from Sidewayzz :Maybe there are some licence giveaways? Because I don't have enough money and a credit card to send the money for a licence.

I sent you a pm about an event where u can win s2.
Quote from mcgas001 :i everyone i have been sitting thinking and thinking about S2.my questions to everyone is

1.is it worth it ?

1. Yes
2. Yes (read the sig , a wheel is better though:nod
3. Yes, but they are rare, and get banned before much happens.
Quote from faster111 :I sent you a pm about an event where u can win s2.

Can you send it to me to plz
Here's my opinion:

1.is it worth it ?
no

no

yes (maybe even more than you're used to now)

also there are fewer people and less servers, some fake cars that don't drive realistically ... but just look how awesome the tires are!
Quote from SKaREO :Here's my opinion:

1.is it worth it ?
no

no

also there are fewer people and less servers, some fake cars that don't drive realistically ... but just look how awesome the tires are!

Are you on something?
Well just look at him go on look at him cause with a face like that he must be

A resounding YES in a faking orgasm kind of way of course it's worth it
Quote from mcgas001 :i everyone i have been sitting thinking and thinking about S2.my questions to everyone is

1.is it worth it ?

1- Yes

2- Sure

3- 100% yes. But.. Find a server were the same ppl play all the time. Make your self know as a clean racer. D'ont mind coming in last for a while and learn from the other drivers. Once you are accepted you have no idea how great this game can be.

Ps We hold a clean drivers open race every Sunday at 8:30 pm eastern time at the Chops racing server. Join us if you like.
I still argue that demo isn't the crash-fest bowl of shit-soup that everyone cracks it up to be.
I totally Agree with you Critical

Its not.. I have seen the same things on S2 that I have seen on Demo.

The only difference is one GP track (+ Reverse) one Rally Cross and three cars. Oh and alot of servers and drivers.

:hippy::dnfnoob::hippy:
Quote from SKaREO :Here's my opinion:

1.is it worth it ?
no

no

Man after trying to have some clean races last night I'm likely to agree with the above.
And the tyres really need some work. R2's don't fry after 10ish laps on a short circuit.
Ahhh, let the flaming begin.
In the nGTR mini-league I ran earlier this summer, there was only one race in which I wasn't able to do the entire distance (a 45min to 1hr race) on a single set of R2s. If you're burning through them too quickly, it's probably because of deficiencies in your setup or a lack of smoothness in your driving.

Which isn't to say that the tire model is perfect, because it isn't. It to say that, all things considered, it's pretty damn good.
Quote from DeadWolfBones :In the nGTR mini-league I ran earlier this summer, there was only one race in which I wasn't able to do the entire distance (a 45min to 1hr race) on a single set of R2s. If you're burning through them too quickly, it's probably because of deficiencies in your setup or a lack of smoothness in your driving.

Which isn't to say that the tire model is perfect, because it isn't. It to say that, all things considered, it's pretty damn good.

I guess it's my fault then.
Being a mouse racer, smooth driving is a tad harder but not impossible.
Also, with the FZR, I never need a second set of tyres up to about 40-45 mins on AS gran prix. But some other cars really seems to eat the tyres away very fast.
I believe the tyre model is not evenly (correctly?) distributed between the softness/hardness levels and between cars.
So let me rephrase my statement.
The tyre model itself is quite nice. However, it needs tweaking in terms of wear/surface heat to make it correspond to real life tyre classes.

However, crashers and T1 morons are still my biggest gripe.
In demo we had intentional crashes but most racers still knew what to do in T1. S2 seems to be much worse in that department IMO.
I think I need to enter a few events to really get some nice racing going on.

S2 Licence
(42 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG