The online racing simulator
Patch X Troubles
(5 posts, started )
#1 - Sage
Patch X Troubles
I think a few other people have had this, patch W was working fine, but after I used the updater for Patch X, I can't connect to the master server. My internet connection is fine, my security has all LFS and LFS.exe files permitted. I don't get it. Could this be a issue with the "hosts" file in the C drive?
#2 - Slopi
First, try a fresh install of LFS. If this does not work, make sure your firewall is allowing ALL TRAFFIC for lfs.exe.

If neither of these work, try the good old ipconfig /release and ipconfig /renew under the command prompt. It seems to work wonders some times. If THAT doesn't work, give your comp a reboot.

I say this because at first I couldn't connect to master server, but I re-added lfs.exe to my firewall and everything was smooth after that. I wish you luck!
#3 - Sage
How would I check to see if it's allowing all traffic, on Norton Anti-Virus?
Quote from Sage :Could this be a issue with the "hosts" file in the C drive?

Yes!!! I just solved my issue. My problem was finding the info with so much going on in the forums about the patch.

http://www.lfsforum.net/showthread.php?p=441675#post441675

There it is. I remembered quite a while ago the server changing and I put the address in that "hosts" file. I removed it (actually commented it out by placing a "#" in front of the line) and was able to connect and race tonight. Do what rcracer posted in that link and it will be fixed.
#5 - SamH
Wow Mike.. how long have you been forced offline? If you'd posted, I would have walked you straight there. Never suffer in silence again!

Patch X Troubles
(5 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG