The online racing simulator
CPU pricing war continue
(12 posts, started )
CPU pricing war continue...
AMD
Quote :
As part of our continued commitment to you, our channel partners, we are providing this e-bulletin to communicate breaking news between issues of our monthly e-newsletter, the Tigon. We know how much email we all receive, so we will only send bulletins like this one when we have important and time-sensitive information to share with you that we feel will help you market and sell AMD-based products.
Desktop Price Move Announcement
One of our main goals is to help you manage your business more efficiently by keeping you informed of changes that could affect your purchasing decisions and sales forecast. One such change will be announced on July 9th, when the AMD desktop processor family will have a reduction in suggested prices. Savings for the AMD Athlon™ 64 X2 (dual-core) processor family will be about 20% and the AMD Athlon 64 (single-core) processor family will be adjusted by approximately 15%. If you are looking for a great value, look to the AMD Sempron™ processor, which will also offer savings of about 15%.
These new prices will enable you to offer your clients AMD-based desktop solutions with a true price/performance advantage at an even more competitive price. Please contact your authorized AMD distributor for specific pricing and availability details.

Intel

http://www.hkepc.com/bbs/itnew ... starttime=0&endtime=0

To say this year is amazing how much the price cutting we see.
Its the biggest one in last few years I remember.

Wanted to post the above for guys who are planning upgrades or new systems to buy.Wait a bit
#2 - Jakg
Those prices for Intel are per tray (when you buy 1000). Only suppliers do this, so you WILL be charged more.

But lets just hope i can still afford a Q6600
Quote from Jakg :Those prices for Intel are per tray (when you buy 1000). Only suppliers do this, so you WILL be charged more.

But lets just hope i can still afford a Q6600

but its not much bigger as you think
Looks it will be a good time to buy a computer, I am planning an upgrade soon and any price cutting brings a smile to my face. Btw.. were there any discussions about the new upcoming AMD Phenom k10 processor on the forum?

mad
Quote from DEVIL 007 :but its not much bigger as you think

+1 as the major distrubuters and retailers (ie newegg in the states), will sell at their tray cost or below in some cases

Exciting time to be planning a new pc or at least upgrading
I think the reason why the hardware industrie are soo pumped these days is thanks to the games industries, and new windows vista wich is new standard and requires decent hardware...
AMD is still alive?
#8 - Jakg
Barely, with a poor and overpriced set of CPU's with only ONE (!) i'd recommend buying, they won't be for long if they dont buy the enthusiasts section back
Adding insult to injury, it doesn't look too good for ATI (part of AMD nowadays) either.
#10 - J.B.
To me it looks like Intel are really aiming to crush AMD into bankruptcy. They're not even letting AMD play the "our chips may be worse but at least they're cheaper" role that they had before they gained the technical upper hand over the crappy P4.
#11 - Jakg
Intel are doing the AMD tricks now, making VERY overclockable chips meaning that their capturing the only market left for AMD - the enthsiasts. Even if you can't afford a Core 2 Duo, you can get a new Pentium based on the same thing for around £40 now which will overclock like mad, too.

Dell buy AMD chips now, but dictate the price, so AMD are making very little cash outta that.

ATi were making the R600 when they were bought - and thats been a total flop.

I want it to hark back to the S939 days, how their "golden chips" like the 3700 could own the P4's at stock and crush them when overclocked
Quote from J.B. :To me it looks like Intel are really aiming to crush AMD into bankruptcy. They're not even letting AMD play the "our chips may be worse but at least they're cheaper" role that they had before they gained the technical upper hand over the crappy P4.

lmao thats what i've been saying. its kinda funny but sad at the same time. how is AMD/ati going to get back on top?

CPU pricing war continue
(12 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG