The online racing simulator
Error in hi-res skin system? [fixed]
(19 posts, started )
hi,

Would you mind going online and try to get some hires skins downloaded again?
I've enabled some logging for when you download skins, so that perhaps we can get a clearer picture of why your skin downloads are failing.

Just so you know, I've just tried it myself using your account and that worked fine. You'll be credited back the 'wasted' skin-downloads of course.

And finally some quick questions :
-Do you use some proxy server to access the web?
-What firewall do you use if any?
-Which anti-virus software do you use if any?

Thanks
btw, do you get this error always, or only sometimes?
Will try now. Am using norton internet security.
same errors, just bought today so its first time i tried.

I find weird that i mostly see white cars, but some skins i see apperantly. Just one or two but...
for a test, can you turn off Norton and try downloading skins again? After that turn Norton back on.
no error. so its norton somehow
There is an option in Norton somewhere that will check HTTP-headers. In my opinion you can safely turn that off and I think that will cure your problem.

Can you look for that option, turn it off and give it another whirl?
I can't tell you where that option exactly resides, because I don't have Norton, so I hope you can find it.
norton help does not react on http header. Should i find this in the normal options or in the rules themselves?
oof i really don't know to be honest. But my best guess would be it's a generic option, rather than a rule.
I can think of the check box under stealth ports? Or is it another setting on this screen?
Attached images
error LFS.PNG
hmm doesn't look like it. Maybe norton removed the option - it's been a long time since this topic arose.

I'll install norton so i can easily check myself.

EDIT - uhh, i thought i'd install a demo version, but i can't find one.. meh, hmm
One question - does it work correctly if you set to low-res skins?
yes always did. and before in test patches if i switched i got the not enough credit message. So what is different in downloading hi-res for norton??
i may have a couple of things i can try on my end, but i have to do a little research first. I hope to have some changes within the hour. If you're still around then i'll be asking you to try it again. Or if you're not around anymore then, you can try tomorrow
Please give it another go now and let me know if that works or not.
Dont know what you did, but it works... thanks. And if you would be so kind as to reset the quota?

OUt of curiousity what caused the problem now?
yep, i've already reset your skins quota back to 2000.

Norton needs to see a certain amount of http headers in replies from webservers, which previously wasn't the case, but is now.
OK thanks from me and all other norton users.

(19 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG