The online racing simulator
New FXO & XRT
(45 posts, started )
New FXO & XRT
Hi racers,

As you are all aware the FXO & the XRT have been tweaked to even out the TBO field. The FXO is now significantly less powerfull & the XRT is now the most competitive, the RB4 remains unchanged.

Post your thoughts about the changes here.

Does anyone know if & when the records will be reset in LFSW? All old records (fxo,xrt) will surely be obsolete as the cars are now different.
#2 - joen
Quote from anttt69 :Does anyone know if & when the records will be reset in LFSW? All old records (fxo,xrt) will surely be obsolete as the cars are now different.

The old records will not be reset as this patch is multiplay incompatible and not physics incompatible. A reset will be done when Patch Y is released (I guess).
Quote from anttt69 :Hi racers,

As you are all aware the FXO & the XRT have been tweaked to even out the TBO field. The FXO is now significantly less powerfull & the XRT is now the most competitive, the RB4 remains unchanged.

Post your thoughts about the changes here.

Does anyone know if & when the records will be reset in LFSW? All old records (fxo,xrt) will surely be obsolete as the cars are now different.

now i know what car to go for now.
#4 - Jakg
the ballast/intake restrictions ONLY apply online, so the WR's stand.

I assume with the Physics Improvements in Y that they will be reset

EDIT - WTF, beaten badly!

N00b, you could never keep up with the fast guys anyway :P
Quote from Jakg :the ballast/intake restrictions ONLY apply online, so the WR's stand.

I was'nt refering to ballast or intake restrictions. You noob
#6 - Jakg
Their the only things making the FXO slower, without them the wide tyres still own all
Have you driven the FXO lately?
#8 - Davo
uhh yeh, there's no physics difference in single player or when hotlapping. The handicaps only come into play online.
#9 - axus
Quote from faster111 :now i know what car to go for now.

That's missing the point of having balanced classes. The cars in each class should be pretty damn close now, so much that you can compensate for it with driving skill. You should just take the car you enjoy the most, which should indeed be the XRT by default - because RWD is manly.
Looking all those populated TBO servers, handicaps came in handy. At last you can win with every car and FXO isn't pulling away in every situation
IMO the FXO should be slower because it is a lot easier to drive reliably, easier to drive it fast and it is a lot more stable than the other cars when contact happens (hence drivers abuse this and FXOs are the dirty cars).
I just found out now that the XRT got a new spoiler
Quote :I assume with the Physics Improvements in Y that they will be reset

OT, but anyone got clues as to what will be improved, physics wise?
Quote from niall09 :I just found out now that the XRT got a new spoiler

Orly? I dont see any difference, so if you could, post screenies with the change comparison?
#15 - Jakg
Quote from niall09 :I just found out now that the XRT got a new spoiler

Since when? there have been NO body modifications in X
Quote from ajp71 :IMO the FXO should be slower because it is a lot easier to drive reliably, easier to drive it fast and it is a lot more stable than the other cars when contact happens (hence drivers abuse this and FXOs are the dirty cars).

....and now it is, but imo it needs a little more pace (and the XRT needs to be faster than the RB4) so that a good driver in an FXO could still challenge a medium driver in an RB4 - atm on alot of tarmac tracks they cna't
#16 - axus
Quote from Electrik Kar :OT, but anyone got clues as to what will be improved, physics wise?

Scawen's mentioned Torsen differentials, possibly clutch simulation and longitudinal force improvements when there is lateral force too from what I recall. Though that's assuming that he was referring to them with regards to the next physics patch.
:o im so noob I just had a feeling that in the earlier patches, the spoiler was a bit higher and a bit more "box" I never realised that it was so flat. I even asked on the server i was in if the spoiler had changed and they said yes

Sorry
I still haven't figured out, like when you have a race with cars, what has intake restriction like 20%, and online racing and then how you know that everyone has
the same restriction? There should be some place where you could check everyone's restriction.
#19 - Jakg
Press F11 and spectate someone
Quote from Jakg :....and now it is, but imo it needs a little more pace (and the XRT needs to be faster than the RB4) so that a good driver in an FXO could still challenge a medium driver in an RB4 - atm on alot of tarmac tracks they cna't

When good drivers turn up in the FXO they are still front running but have to really work for it. Since the patch though most of the good drivers have left the FXO meaning it has become a car driven by people who can't manage the other ones
#21 - Jakg
I'd like to think of myself as a good driver (in the FXO at least), but heres the situation that really annoys me:

I'll come round the last turn at SO1 (one i'm fairly good at, i've done 730-odd laps in the FXO and i'm around 0.4 secs of the WR when using STCC aids) on an XRT's tail, i get quite a good exit, get on the throttle early and power out of the bend, while he goes tail out, smoke seeps from the rears and i start to pass him - he puts his foot down and with his lower weight and higher power he regains the lost pace easily.

I understand the FXO should be the slowest, but atm it's huuuuuge tyres are being compensated by weight - so while mid corner it's faster on the exit it cant make the pass

Sorry for always complaining abou thtis, i'm an FXO whore!
Driving the FXO you should be able to brake later and harder, more safely trail brake round the corner, stick to a line more easilly and carry more speed round the bend so the FXO has strong points. The XRT should be putting power on later and at a slower speed.
#23 - Jakg
yup, but the power it does put down is more, and the poor FXO just can't keep up.

I've been driving it more and more, and it seems that i can overtake the XRT's (if merely because the FWD makes me more consistent), it just takes a while. And the RB4's?
more practise jack
#25 - Jakg
i've racked up about 3,500 laps in the FXO so far, but if you say i need more practice...

New FXO & XRT
(45 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG