The online racing simulator
Music while spectating
(12 posts, started )
Music while spectating
Would that be possible to add in the audio options please?
Oh and while I'm at it, for me at least, "music during replays" doesn't work. To hear music during replays I need to switch "music while racing" on.

-Nick
If this was possible, I'd probably convert a few dozen good MP3's to OGG just to have this. I like this idea, and I don't see why not???

Only... MP3 support for in the game would be 10x better, just drag n' drop
Quote from Tweaker :Only... MP3 support for in the game would be 10x better

need to pay licensing fees for that
#4 - mr_x
use windows media player in the background

thats what i do because i dont have an mp3 to ogg converter and im just too lazy to find one too. also doesnt give me any lag, fps is still steady 60+ and ive had no one complaining about me lagging online either (2meg broadband they shouldnt )

anyway yeah it would be a nice idea to support mp3s and have music everywhere in it
Hmm I always thought there was some sort of free MP3 support or whatever you call it. No?

To have it in a game at least, man thats tough :banghead: Wish it were easier.
Hmm, not bad. I suppose that's about the only time you'd really want the music on anyway.
Quote from dUmAsS :http://www.mp3licensing.com/royalty/games.html not cheap

Since LFS is Windows-specific, can't it skirt around the issue by just using the included MP3 codec that microsoft has already licensed for you?

I think GTA:SA PC is one example of this, while the previous versions had MP3 specific licenses, SA will just play any audio format that you have a generic windows/directshow codec for - including ogg, flac, wav, mp3, mp4, etc.

Might be worth looking into.

Personally I've always just used an audio player that has global hotkeys (foobar2000, winamp5, winamp2+plugin), so I can assign shift+alt+z/a etc to change tracks and other things while in LFS.
Quote from JordanB :I think GTA:SA PC is one example of this, while the previous versions had MP3 specific licenses, SA will just play any audio format that you have a generic windows/directshow codec for - including ogg, flac, wav, mp3, mp4, etc.

rockstar games have a license

http://www.mp3licensing.com/licensees/index.asp

but i couldnt see anything on the site about using 3rd party decoders
Quote from dUmAsS :rockstar games have a license

http://www.mp3licensing.com/licensees/index.asp

but i couldnt see anything on the site about using 3rd party decoders

Uhm, did you read my message? ... yes, they /did/ use a license for the previous games.

Here's an excerpt from the readme

Quote :
User Radio Files

GRAND THEFT AUTO: San Andreas can support the playback of the users own audio files. By default the game ships with support for Windows Wave files (WAV) and Ogg Vorbis (OGG) files. Additionally, with the correct CODECS installed to your computer, you can playback MP3, WMA, M4A, etc. To facilitate playback of these formats you can -

Install the latest Apple QuickTime Player
or
Install Microsoft Windows Media Player 9 OR 10
or
Install a combined CODEC package

Edit, heh - yeah, sorry ... I'm tired and grumpy
Quote from JordanB :Uhm, did you read my message? ... yes, they /did/ use a license for the previous games.

Quote :but i couldnt see anything on the site about using 3rd party decoders

well, you can use 3rd party decoders, but i guess you are not allowed to bundle them. just like those audio rippers, you will need to use your own codec or download LAME (free open source mp3 decoder), but they aren't allowed to bundle the program with LAME.

It would make everything pretty complicated.

Anyway, LFS is a racing simulator, not a media player

I don't hear any music while racing, but if i would, i would just use Winamp or something else, imho it's better than a ingame player.

Music while spectating
(12 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG