The online racing simulator
Car not allowed (locked out by admins) entering the track... [fixed]
Patch 0.5W

I was racing yesterday with the MRT. (My server, don't know if this affects anything)
Today i joined a server with all cars allowed.
Stayed on spectate mode.

Then an admin came and locked the server as to allow only TBO cars.
Later on I went to the pits (Garage button) and the MRT showed up there (last car i used, yesterday on another server).
I clicked "OK" and went to the track. Even as the only cars allowed were TBOs.

Don't know if this is a bug already fixed or what.
If not, we could try to reproduce it. Shouldn't be that hard.

All you would need to do is join a server with a certain car (or even create one yourself - maybe single player would work too?) and then go to another server with all cars allowed, see if they could lock to not allow the last car you used and try to get it on the track, as i did with the MRT, posted above.

Maybe it would work (the bug) even on a server which has that last car you used already locked out (not allowed).

I'm just talking about an all allowed cars/then locked cars server cause that's how the bug worked for me.

If it's already been reported/fixed sorry about the waste of HDD and bandwidth.
I too have experienced this. Only happens when the car in question is locked out when your on track. If you got in a XRT, you couldnt get the MRT again until its unlocked.
if i get it right, when you joined the server all the cars were allowed
then the admin locked it on TBO's

this happens because admins can't force a car change, if you chose a car before a admin lock it, you stay with this car until you go to car selection screen

if you had joined the server after the admin locked on TBO, you would be taken to the car selection screen when you hit Shift + P, forcing you to chose one allowed car
Quote from Motörhead V8 :if i get it right, when you joined the server all the cars were allowed
then the admin locked it on TBO's

this happens because admins can't force a car change, if you chose a car before a admin lock it, you stay with this car until you go to car selection screen

if you had joined the server after the admin locked on TBO, you would be taken to the car selection screen when you hit Shift + P, forcing you to chose one allowed car

I didn't chose any car.
I just joined the host. Then I was speccing. The whole time.
The last time i used a car was the day before i joined that host.
I didn't join the track before the cars were locked out.
Or even went to the garage for that matter.

When i chosed to join (the track) they were already locked out but i when i pushed the garage button i got to see the MRT there, then i clicked on OK and went to the track with it. Even with it not being allowed in the host.

It's a bug.
Thanks. The cars check was only done on joining the host, so if the host changed cars allowed after you joined, you could still keep your currently selected car (even if you had never joined race).

I've changed it now so that it checks that your selected car is allowed whenever you try to join the race.
Quote from Scawen :I've changed it now so that it checks that your selected car is allowed whenever you try to join the race.

join as in join from spectate or as in join from the setup screen ?

the same problem appears (appeared) when you pit with a car thats not allowed anymore
you can shift-s...p as often as you like as long as you dont enter the car selection screen you can keep you non allowed car indefinately
I know but I'm not fixing that. It's a harder problem to zap the car of a player who is already in the race. Host can /spec them if they refuse to cooperate, or guests can ban them, whatever...

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG