The online racing simulator
Tracks
(7 posts, started )
Tracks
I had an interesting idea. I don't know of this being incorporated in any other game as of yet, but for the rallycross tracks, it would be cool if in the future, cars actually dug tracks in the ground as a real car would. I know that would be really hard to do, but I just think if it were possible, that would be a really neat feature.

Also, on the same subject, in LFS, as rubber is laid down on the track (skidmards or not) does the amount of grip actually increase? I'm gonna guess no, but that would also be a neat addition.
I remember this one being suggested a lot back on rsc

Would be cool though...i think track deformation would really take a hit at performance though...
Yea
Yea, I guess modeling the effects of 30+ cars simultaneously would be at the very least, a nuisance
Still be neat though. The idea was tossed around a bit last year... dynamic track conditions/deformable terrain would suit LFS to a tee! Alongside a realised improved damage and physics model, I reckon any other sim would find it very hard to compete with LFS over the long run.

Imagine a hypothetical track creator for S3, where when building your rallyx configs, you could define how muddy/dry/compacted/loose the track was in different spots, then seting the weather generator loose on top of all that... THAT, would be a fairly dynamic racing experience.
Yeah. At the very least, the rallycross tracks should have uneven terrain and maybe some ruts and potholes and stuff...
The new Colin McRae is supposed to do that, but it wasn't all that noticable in the demo.

It would be nice, but not possible with the current graphic engine. This is more like a Dx10 or at least late Dx9 feature. I'm all for it, but it won't be any time soon.

+1 to more bumpy rallycross tracks and off-road areas.
+1 to the future adding of deformable terrain.

Tracks
(7 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG