The online racing simulator
Understanding InSim
(4 posts, started )
Understanding InSim
Hi All,
Can someone please explain InSim and its uses. I am running 2 servers at the moment and would like to connect to them via my laptop to administrate them and the 2 servers are on my Windows 2003 Server in Attic so would like to administrate them from downstairs.

I have searched the forum but no luck for a beginner. Need instalation instructions also if InSim is what I need.

Thanks in advance for any help.
InSim is an API, built into LFS, to talk to and get data from LFS.

By itself you cannot remotely adminstrate servers, you need an application which can talk via InSim.

One such application would be Crazy ICE's DediGUI NG. There are a few others out there, but none, as far as I am aware which are being updated to the new version of InSim for the test W patches or X.
Where can I find some docs about low level programing with insim api? I need to know how to construct packets to sent and receive data from LFS insim.
Quote from madmak :Where can I find some docs about low level programing with insim api? I need to know how to construct packets to sent and receive data from LFS insim.

The protocol is described in docs/Insim.txt, with every LFS installation.

With Insim v4 it's a size packetized stream of data. You can find examples in the LFS Programmer subforum, along with some higher level APIs. If you're after something in a specific langauge (there are examples floating around in everything from C to PHP) then the odds are that there's something for you.

Understanding InSim
(4 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG