The online racing simulator
Is It Possible To Find Server Your Own Server Ping?
Hi,

Ive been wondering seen as i have to join through specific Game then local network and connecting through my IP Address. I cannot see the game on the master server so i dont know how to find out my ping. Is there anyway i can find out my ping?

Thanks,

Matt
On a local network your ping will be tiny. I suppose you could use the dos prompt to ping the IP address of the hosting computer on your network.

ping xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx

I think.
Ping is relative to your location on the network and the location of the remote server. As Tristan says, you could find it, but it's different for every network so it's irrelevant.

i.e.
UK to UK pings should be under 40ms
UK to DE pings should be under 60ms

If a player in the UK pings your server he may get 20ms. If a player from DE pings it, they may get 45ms. Of course, it will also vary for your ISP, connection, blah blah blah..
#4 - Venus
Quote from dmwright :Hi,

Ive been wondering seen as i have to join through specific Game then local network and connecting through my IP Address. I cannot see the game on the master server so i dont know how to find out my ping. Is there anyway i can find out my ping?

You can't see ur server on your puter, if the server is also on your computer. However, since your S2 licenced, in your email giving u ur code, there should be a link to a desktop... there you will be able to see it, and a heap of other good stuff.

V

FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG