The online racing simulator
Suggestions From a Noob :)
(38 posts, started )
Hey , what about creating a sub mod called LFS Tuning or something like that.
I mean, the idea is that we (the users) could create our own cars and tracks, but this cars/tracks will not count in the lfs stadistics, i mean like some kind of Half life/counter strike. I'm saying this because in my opinion, is the only thing the LFS hasn't got yet, and i think that this would make the game almost perfect

PD: sorry for my english
this is considered modding, and will not be considered until after S3

"what about creating a sub mod called LFS Tuning or something like that."

not the best way to start a topic around here
#3 - jmkz
Quote from Lola Popeye :not the best way to start a topic around here

but "The Fast and the Furious" was such a realistic movie! ;p
i dont like tuning, unless the way it is done in spain, so i'm going to another question: when will the S3 be released¿? , will it include any new car and/or track?¿
Quote from Colin_Chapman :when will the S3 be released¿?

Geez, we don't have S2 out but we already have someone asking when S3 is out...
Quote from Qurpiz :Geez, we don't have S2 out but we already have someone asking when S3 is out...

I bought the S2 when it was released and what the hell.... I want more more more more more more more
S3 will be finished when it's done (lets estimate about 2 years down the line at least).

S3 WILL contain new cars and tracks.
S3 WILL eventually (i.e. maybe not initially) support modding

Elements of S3 will probably be released during S2's reign, so that Scawen (and us) can test them, and iron out bugs and issues.

S2 will get numerous large patches throughout it's lifetime, so that add compatible stuff, others that change the physics, and thus are incompatible, and will render all hotlaps/replays etc unusable.

However, it must be said that all of these things will be done/implemented/released only when Scawen has done them or wants us to see them. Pestering for modding will NOT make him allow us to early.
So do you know when exactly Scawen will have his Kitchen finished, Tristan, and what his next job is?

;D
Quote from Colin_Chapman :Hey , what about creating a sub mod called LFS Tuning or something like that.
I mean, the idea is that we (the users) could create our own cars and tracks, but this cars/tracks will not count in the lfs stadistics, i mean like some kind of Half life/counter strike. I'm saying this because in my opinion, is the only thing the LFS hasn't got yet, and i think that this would make the game almost perfect

PD: sorry for my english

Yes, this has been a suggestion since the very beginning. The devs have
answered this question many times also.

-No modding/SDK anything until the game is finished, which is sensible, but
perhaps not ideal for the microwave people.
-Since the game is constantly changing, so are the dev tools, which are
not considered ready for public in any way. Having another app to
maintain parallel to LFS would ultimately slow down progress. Simply put,
they have enough bug reports and suggestions/requests with LFS as it is.

Btw you forgot to mention one thing, Eric is already doing all of this and
doing a damn good job too. Do you suggest we push him aside and let n00bs
who have ideas generate content in his place ? I'm exagerating, but there's a
bit of truth there also. Either stuff is official or it isn't. Many people have
expressed their opinion on this and many fear a flood of low-quality content
turning LFS into a no man's land. The possibility of more empty servers is also
a danger, using the present LFS check, everyone needs the exact same car
to join the same server, in the worst cases, this could become a real pain,
finding which version, oh no, there's 2 different files of the same car...
which one is the 'good' one. I'm gonna wait for official stuff, or perhaps the
go sign once they are satisfied with LFS and want to move on. Either way,
this is when we'd see official devtools, if ever.
Very well said Fonnybone. Informative too.

But leads me to the question, "Tuning? Why not just click on the next car up in the garage?"
maybe his driven hours and hours on each of the 744 configs and done millions of laps already and is bored of the game
Quote from Lola Popeye :maybe his driven hours and hours on each of the 744 configs and done millions of laps already and is bored of the game

Yeah, had the same problem after the first weekend of LfS... now I am that demotivated that I don't even reclaim my worldrecords (as I had all of them 744)...
Quote from al heeley :So do you know when exactly Scawen will have his Kitchen finished, Tristan, and what his next job is?

;D

Scawen hopes to have a Beta of his kitchen done by the end of November, and perhaps release the full kitchen early in the new year.

After that, I think he's gonna work on Front Room, which is currently only on 0.04, and very very messy...
LOL
The best possible response
Quote from tristancliffe :Scawen hopes to have a Beta of his kitchen done by the end of November, and perhaps release the full kitchen early in the new year.

After that, I think he's gonna work on Front Room, which is currently only on 0.04, and very very messy...

HAY KEN U TELL ME IF FRONT ROOM .05 WIL INCLOOD CARPET MODING SUPORRT? I H8 GAMEZ W/NO CARPET MODING.
-
(thisnameistaken) DELETED by thisnameistaken
It's the skirting boards round the edge of the carpet that REALLY interest me.

I bet some sboon here think I'm joking....
Quote from thisnameistaken :No modding, but you'll start out with some sort of Berber, Wilton will be unlockable, as will a variety of Axminsters. Combine those with all the different underlays and you should have plenty of carpets to experience while waiting for S3, which might include mod support.

I hate watching TV, so I'm rarely in the front room and have no credits for unlocking any of the better carpets!! I hate walking through the front room to the kitchen in the mornings on the cold hardwood barefoot. Could someone please send me their credit files so I could unlock some of the carpet options? My wife spends all evening watching TV and she is using that awesome plush carpet with extra padding unlocked. But she logs out every evening and I'm back to walking on the cold floors when I get up. She won't stay logged in or give me her credit file so I can unlock the carpets!!!
You want people to post their credit files for you to cheat? This is the official forum, and scum like you asking for cheats like this here will not be tolerated!!

Ban him I tell you!

You're right, i think that warrants a yellow card.
Attached images
yc.jpg
Quote from mrodgers :I hate watching TV, so I'm rarely in the front room and have no credits for unlocking any of the better carpets!! I hate walking through the front room to the kitchen in the mornings on the cold hardwood barefoot. Could someone please send me their credit files so I could unlock some of the carpet options? My wife spends all evening watching TV and she is using that awesome plush carpet with extra padding unlocked. But she logs out every evening and I'm back to walking on the cold floors when I get up. She won't stay logged in or give me her credit file so I can unlock the carpets!!!

Get the smokemod from Kegetys and just steal the damn carpet from her before the smoke clears. And that carpet is considered to be part of S2 Home - support the devs and pay for it! Or just use the floormat from your XFG
OK THX 4 TEH RESPONSE BUT I WISH I CULD HAVE CARPET TAHT IZ LIKE 900,000 x 900,000 meters WITH LIKE 40,000 PILE AND KEWL STUF LIEK THAT!!!11!111!!1one1!!eleven!111
Could you speak any clearer?
#23 - Gunn
Quote from TaiFong :OK THX 4 TEH RESPONSE BUT I WISH I CULD HAVE CARPET TAHT IZ LIKE 900,000 x 900,000 meters WITH LIKE 40,000 PILE AND KEWL STUF LIEK THAT!!!11!111!!1one1!!eleven!111

There are no rules stating that you must speak english here, but failing that perhaps you could choose a language that somebody can actually understand. Also, I know some of us are getting a bit long in the tooth, but I can still recognise letters that aren't typed out in upper-case. Normal typing works just fine around here and I welcome you to give it a try.
Quote from Gunn :There are no rules stating that you must speak english here, but failing that perhaps you could choose a language that somebody can actually understand. Also, I know some of us are getting a bit long in the tooth, but I can still recognise letters that aren't typed out in upper-case. Normal typing works just fine around here and I welcome you to give it a try.

Hehe I think he was posting in a style to suit the silly nature of this thread
Your still hoping to get S3, i won`t . If you would ask me, i would awnser: S3 wil never be released. It`s even good if we can get S2. Scawen is BORED.

Just let`s hope that source code isn`t gone.

(38 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG