The online racing simulator
Driver Names on all cars
(18 posts, started )
#1 - Dru
Driver Names on all cars
After driving in a few leagues i have to say there are certain times where i feel frustrated becuase i have to have drive names above cars. This is normally not a problem on some circuits but in close racing, especially street circuits the names above cars cause great problems with blocking your turn in points or reference points on a circuit.

This is not a discussion about the names above the cars but a suggestion that the driver name that appears in the windows of the GTRs and the XFR should be opened across the range on tin top cars.

This would aid driver identification, make league races a little more formal and afaik there are many stock/standard racing groups which use standard cars but DO have the name of the driver in either the rear qtr window or the back panel..

any chance of this in a future patch?
ATM, the writing in the GTR's window mimicks the number plate. I'd like to see that section have its own input, to put names or such on the side, and keep your "A123 ABC" plate
#3 - Dru
Quote from VTiRoj :ATM, the writing in the GTR's window mimicks the number plate. I'd like to see that section have its own input, to put names or such on the side, and keep your "A123 ABC" plate

well have this as a seperate name suggestion post as well then

+2 do i hear
#4 - Dru
Quote from Urban_Eagle1 :Id like to see it on the back window, and side windows and possibly the front in a small corner so it doesnt distract u.
But its a nice idea and has been suggested again but its always good to bring up old subjects :P

i was thinking about the back window, but do not know whether or not you would then get issues with you not being about to look in your rear view mirror becuase its got your name in

Yes you are quite right it maybe an old issue or one that has been requested before, however i am yet to find out a reason why it is not in?

Just FYI: If you're following a car that is being pursued by a mob of half-naked supermodels, that's easily identifiable as my car.
Unfortunately, they are half naked retired supermodels, from the ages of 65 to 80. Shame.

+1 for the idea
Quote from tristancliffe :Unfortunately, they are half naked retired supermodels, from the ages of 65 to 80. Shame.

Nah, that's the mob running to the toilets. You'll recognise mine by the other small army of magazine photographic editors chasing them with airbrushes.
+999 love this idea.
#10 - Dru
I totally agree putting driver's nam on side rear windows would be cool
Quote from Dru :i feel frustrated becuase i have to have drive names above cars

Why do you have to in the first place? Especially in league races... I can't care less about who I'm racing, in the end I want to be first! I only have a bit of mercy for my team mates, but I recognise them from the skin anyway
#13 - Dru
Quote from traxxion :Why do you have to in the first place? Especially in league races... I can't care less about who I'm racing, in the end I want to be first! I only have a bit of mercy for my team mates, but I recognise them from the skin anyway

so i can easily identify cars i'm racing without looking away.

before you start this is due to cars of other teams and their team mates in series which is ni on impossible to tell when you are behind. Formula cars are differnt as you tend to see their helmets easily (course dependant)

this is not a discussion about whether names should be above cars or not, this is a discusion based on drivers names in windows, afterall that true to real lifew and is more realistic than either guessinf or having the names above the drivers which is a completely artificial and b, blocks reference and turn in points..

Quote from Dru :so i can easily identify cars i'm racing without looking away.

before you start this is due to cars of other teams and their team mates in series which is ni on impossible to tell when you are behind. Formula cars are differnt as you tend to see their helmets easily (course dependant)

this is not a discussion about whether names should be above cars or not, this is a discusion based on drivers names in windows, afterall that true to real lifew and is more realistic than either guessinf or having the names above the drivers which is a completely artificial and b, blocks reference and turn in points..

Maybe names above the doors? Or beside the doors..
Quote from tristancliffe :Unfortunately, they are half naked retired supermodels, from the ages of 65 to 80. Shame.

LOL!
+100,000,000

Id love to be able to add a tin roof spoiler for oval/stock racing or bangers.

And allso id love a rear window sticker like WRC rally cars which automaticly is enabled in road cars on rallyx tracks or somthing
Quote from Dru :
This would aid driver identification, make league races a little more formal and afaik there are many stock/standard racing groups which use standard cars but DO have the name of the driver in either the rear qtr window or the back panel..

I'd like to see rollcages and competition interiors for all cars , which would make names on the windows look less silly than on road cars

I'd also like a button to hold down to quickly show names above cars.
Quote from ajp71 :I'd like to see rollcages and competition interiors for all cars , which would make names on the windows look less silly than on road cars

I'd also like a button to hold down to quickly show names above cars.

That button is hit the N key 2 times.

Driver Names on all cars
(18 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG