The online racing simulator
Patch X - this week
(78 posts, closed, started )
Patch X - this week
Hello Racers.

I just wanted to say that Patch X won't be released this weekend - as many people know it was planned for Friday but heavy testing revealed some issues, which I've been fixing and community members have been testing every evening.

We have been doing and will continue to do heavy testing every evening, Franky hosts two packed servers and we do some racing, joining and leaving there to simulate very heavy usage.

The last two days of fixes and the new join queue seem to have given it stability and removed the difficulty of joining a host - "a player is connecting", "a player is disconnecting", "a race is starting" - these annoying messages are very rare now because the queue handles that - but there are still a couple of of issues, like voting - people leave and join so often and that cancels the votes so it becomes very hard to restart - and that is in fact a serious problem - not much point having so many people on a server if they can't get a race!

So, when will it be released? Well, of course we don't know that because the issues still need to be fixed, but hopefully the release will be early in the week. I'd be very surprised if it was released later than Friday, as I don't think there are enough problems to take us to Friday. It's a good idea to get patches out before the weekend.

Thanks to all for the testing - have a look out this evening for W41 if you'd like to join the heavy testing hosts!
thx for the update
Quote from Scawen :Thanks to all for the testing - have a look out this evening for W41 if you'd like to join the heavy testing hosts!

Rather minor, but what combos will the hosts be running? Just thinking aloud, but UF1 at FE Rallycross Green would spawn more action, lag would be more of a problem (because the track's so short) and more people would be telepitting and so-on. Not to mention the fact that it's a surefire way of carnageous fun

Thanks for the news and I'm looking forward to helping out with the heavy testing
Quote from duke_toaster :Rather minor, but what combos will the hosts be running? Just thinking aloud, but UF1 at FE Rallycross Green would spawn more action, lag would be more of a problem (because the track's so short) and more people would be telepitting and so-on. Not to mention the fact that it's a surefire way of carnageous fun

Thanks for the news and I'm looking forward to helping out with the heavy testing

Last nights were pretty random, although Westhill was used most.
Quote from three_jump :Last nights were pretty random, although Westhill was used most.

I was on server 2 last night, which had XFG at BL1
Thanks for letting us know what's going on!! Keep up the good work!!!
#7 - Jakg
WE1R - All cars is pretty good.

I just want some more LX6'ing!
Quote from Jakg :WE1R - All cars is pretty good.

I just want some more LX6'ing!

All cars isn't good as everyone will be spread out in different cars. Small track + slow, small cars = intense fun
Well as long has they have fxo gtr and the other fxo tc use am not bothered.
#10 - Jakg
Small Track + Slow, Small Cars = CTRA 1b?

SO Sprint 2, Road Cars Only would be good, but 16 slots only

South City Classic, Road Cars on one server, Aston GP, All Slick cars on another server?
Long track, roadcars, full grid = most fun.
It's good that you will fix the issues before releasing the patch (I would have done the same). I won't be able to test tonight, but have fun, you who will be testing!
Good things come to those who wait. Happy to wait for a stable update.
Thanks for the update

1 class of car could be fun, closer racing for all

I suppose shorter tracks and races would mean more restart voting ect

have fun bughunters

SD.
Thanks for the update, Scawen. I will be up for any testing thro. ^^
i suggest KY Nat with TBO, reverse grid starting order. Yesterday in Blackwood was good fun with 32 ppl racing, just remember to keep racing clean.
Thank you for update !
whens the testing start?
Thanks for letting us.I really apreciate it.
#20 - ste_
#21 - senn
ok cool.....so when will we find out what will be included in S3 :P
cmon i'm just dyin for new content lol

(especially cars)
Quote from senn :ok cool.....so when will we find out what will be included in S3 :P

In 2009.
I would close this thread.It will go waaaaaaaay off topic again and Scawen made what he needed to done.Make us informed.
I think one server should be LRF.

I think the main testing will start at about 18:30 UK time. I don't know if the servers might be up already before that.
Sticking to the tradition of never meeting release dates Scawen You should just give up naming dates I rekon, it always seems to jinx it! Anyway its good to see these problems being dealt with, I am always in favour of delays if we get a better product at the end of it.
This thread is closed

Patch X - this week
(78 posts, closed, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG