The online racing simulator
Project car question
(38 posts, started )
#26 - robt
maybe re-create a few of my uncles creations?
Ford Thames van with a mustang V8 mounted in the back.
Zodiac with a jaguar E-type V12
Hilman Imp with a V8 (which ripped it in half somehow )
Twin Engined motorbike (fitted along the length of the bike)

And pretty much anything else along those lines!
Quote from pb32000 :OT: Viper, I quite often hear you saying how your car handles well and has plenty of power - I can't remember how much, in the 200s? And I always think meh I could build a quicker car for the money.. BUT they seem to have a really impressive spec, and the price, even when imported, is outstanding.

13.7s is impressive for a fwd for that money, and I bet it goes round corners great too.

Anyway I havn't had enough coffee to function properly yet this morning, so I'll stop rambling. I'm sure its a really fun car though, I can see why you got it brough over here with you

Hehe I agree totally that you could buy something for less and make roughtly the same performance, but you would be looking at older 80's 90's vehicles where the Dodge is 04-05 for only a little bit more, why wouldn't you want a car thats 10 years newer? =P Yes the car handles like a dream, you can overwhelm the fronts at times but you have to be trying. The ACR has the exact same performance as the same year BoxterS which is over 40kpounds. For another 2k pounds you would have a car on par with the Viper.

230HP and 250Ft-lbs factory. The new Mazda 3 makes 260HP or so and gobs of torque but their car weighs over 3,000 giving it a low 6 second 0-60. The next generation of my car comes with VVT and a 300HP solid ali 2.4 on the new caliber chassis, anyone else see a new competitor in WRC sometime soon? The caliber already has AWD off the factory line so who knows =)

Srry back on topic:

For a cheap car to beef up, aren't cosies cheap to build up? You could follow everyone else and rice up a civic. MX-5's are good handling cars, but if you want HP I would stay away from them, the engines are great, but don't make a ton of HP, but with a car like that you wouldn't need any.

An old R32 might do. Personally I would see if I could find a Caterham if I was in your shoes.
Quote from pb32000 :No shit. You can be looking for months to find a good/worthwhile condition old car, and I do mean that, literally.
(Also I know for a fact if you cant afford to fix your beemer, you can't afford a good condition rs1600).

The smart roadster is not British, its German - and its very light and would go VERY well with a turboed 4 banger in it.

I suggest you actually do some research before ridiculing people's suggestions.

im a very tall person , lasrt thing i need is a car ( which isve seenquiet a bit of since i work in a garage which servicesd mainly german cars ) which is small and wont handle speed very well

Quote from Viper93 :If your looking for a FWD and are over 24 ship an SRT-4 over from the states, with money saved by buying everything in the states you could have a wicked car for cheap..ish. You could get a 100HP plus turbo kit for under 2k pounds, putting you in the 350's. With the torque these engines make and with the addition of a factory LSD these are great for drag racing. My SRT is stock and I run 13.7's in the 1/4. All for less than 8k pounds if you include shipping to Ireland.

lmao you know over here a deawoo lanos 800 cc car is 5000 euro insurance . If id but a crappy srt-4 then id might aswell sell my house

also another not for guys , I dont drive jags or ford mustangs or anything with a v8 .

as i already stated im very erm " abstract " when it comes to cars hence why ima either but a pug 205 ( one of the best cars ever made , no t mechanicly of course but it outhandles everything )

or ill just but a AE85 corrolla and stich a cheap motor in it ( i wont drift it or waste the cars like that way )
you'd be surprised , its got atleast 4 inchs between my knees and the steering wheel , i love that car but the low ride would be cool
#30 - JTbo
Volvo 360, very underrated and you can get lot of custom work with it as there is absolutely none anything performance parts. Also you can do enough bodywork repairs because of rust that you won't have energy to make big wings or bumpers

Never ever buy FWD, those are creations of evil and greedy minds and all FWD cars should be crushed, also everyone ever thinking making FWD car should be put to mental hospital
1) Purchase Dodge Viper V10 engine
2) Install it to a lightweight RWD car
3) ???
4) Profit (or death)
LOL JBTO =)

Insurance for my car for a married 24 year old without a UK license is 700 pounds a year. With a license I would have insurance around 350 a year FYI =)
#33 - JTbo
Oh yes, twin turbo W12 should fit into 360 engine bay rather nicely, imagine amount of differentials and gearboxes that would tear apart
Quote from theirishnoob :
as i already stated im very erm " abstract " when it comes to cars hence why ima either but a pug 205 ( one of the best cars ever made , no t mechanicly of course but it outhandles everything )

Good choice. 205 with a 306 GTi engine on throttle bodies and ascociated mods, you could see 220bhp n/a. That in a car the weight of a 205 = much fun.
Quote from Viper93 :LOL JBTO =)

Insurance for my car for a married 24 year old without a UK license is 700 pounds a year. With a license I would have insurance around 350 a year FYI =)

jeez im going to have garage insurance so the insurance company thinks im " tes t driving " the car for the garge i work ( or so the boss says ) but i had a look at a very intresting 205 last night , nearly road legal ( needs an nct which is the national car test ) its an ex rally car which i tought but its got an complete service history and alot of junior cup victorys so as far as im concerned its a bargin at 2500 euro
How can you be old enough to drive?

You're not even old enough to type.
Quote from sam1600 :How can you be old enough to drive?

You're not even old enough to type.

i work in a garage , when im not working im in there im in school so with the money ive saved and selling the other car i had i think ive got a enough .

if i cant drive it ill let my older brother use it , if not ill just bring it down to the estates and drive it there
Quote from theirishnoob :Hello everyone , so sated in the name in this topic i have a question which is , what car should i use as a project car ?

im planning on making a Completely custom car but i cant decide on what to use .
i am a part time mechanic and i have a pretty penny saved up but i don't wanna spend that much

ive considered a diahatsu midgetII because id stick a diahatsu charde engine a wheelie bars on it ( dont ask but it would be the best car at the drag strip i know )
but im also looking at old fords and datsuns

anyone got any reasonable suggestions

*note im not a ricer nor a speed freek im just a customisier *

Hi, i did not read the entire topic but i have some points.

I don't know your taste, or what for (race, drift,drag,rally) you want a car to.

1. Price

2. Drivetrain layout (rwd-fwd-awd-mr-rr etc)

3. Weight distribution - size, and chassis type (coupe, cabrio, sedan etc)

4. Suspension type (if its rwd or mr the rear suspension must be independent,except if you go drag racing, wont matter much)

5. The year it was made and the brand (i love jdm's!,89" and up usually because older than that its usualy rust nightmare, you dont want that)

6. The styling of the body, imagine how could you look good with some body mods, paint job, etc)

If you like Datsuns, here goes some examples, but my favorite is the 240z.

I love this 120Y
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v ... ;mode=related&search=

I have 17 videos that i got on video google of full restoration of a 240z, just search on video google for Hugo 240z, cuz its not opening here.

Hope i helped cuz I can't say more until you say what you want it for, is it drag racing?

Project car question
(38 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG