The online racing simulator
Crazy Bots!
(19 posts, started )
Crazy Bots!
I'm only playing the demo, but I was wondering, are the bots on the full S2 game as crazy as on the demo? On the demo, they take no consideration to you being on the road and simply ram into you, 90% of the time causing you to spin off the road. It's exactly the same as online in the demo. Full of people ramming you off the road instead of racing you!
The AI have not been programmed completely, that is why LFS is a multiplayer based game because it has poor AI.

Its something to look forward to for S2 final.
Quote from ramsy66 :I'm only playing the demo, but I was wondering, are the bots on the full S2 game as crazy as on the demo? On the demo, they take no consideration to you being on the road and simply ram into you, 90% of the time causing you to spin off the road. It's exactly the same as online in the demo. Full of people ramming you off the road instead of racing you!

S2 whole different story,much better,less wrecking too because everyone has a reputation to work for.Demo is just a huge wrecking pan
#4 - MR_B
The AI are currently one of the biggest problems with LFS (IMO), although the AI can be trained up to be more considerate and quicker than standard.

It goes without saying, stick to racing in multiplayer!
Ok thanks guys I'll just have to wait another month untill I can come play proper races with you guys online. I'll just race alone for now
#6 - joen
Yes, the AI needs some serious work, it's basically the same as it was in S1. If I understood correctly, it's one of the things Scawen is going to work on next after releasing patch X. At least that's what I remember reading.

But if you race them a lot, or let them race eachother they will improve quite a bit. Well, at least in terms of speed.
Quote from ramsy66 :Ok thanks guys I'll just have to wait another month untill I can come play proper races with you guys online. I'll just race alone for now

cya then mate.
Quote from 11SuLLy11 :S2 whole different story,much better,less wrecking too because everyone has a reputation to work for.Demo is just a huge wrecking pan

He is talking about the AI not the people on the demo servers, you noob
The AI is getting rewored for patch Y, along with a physics update and some graphic enhancements
#10 - joen
Quote from niall09 :He is talking about the AI not the people on the demo servers, you noob

one can easily be mistaken for the other though
hehehe rofl
bots=A1 I though it mean't a slang word for wrecker,bahhhhhhhh
thats from too much oval
Quote from niall09 :thats from too much oval

Niall I'd hammer you on any combo,your just slow !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
i know that! stop dragging threads off topic
#17 - Gunn
One thing the AI is good for, is teaching you that there are other people on the track. They won't move for you, but generally neither will players.

So they teach you to go around people on corners when you need to

Quote from MAGGOT :The AI is getting rewored for patch Y, along with a physics update and some graphic enhancements

You have a link to prove that, or is it just rumour-causing speculation? Because we don't need any more of that.

As far as I can remember, we've been told about a graphic update for SO, but no specifics on a redesign or just retexturing (or even a date/patch estimate). And there has been nothing said about AI, since there's no point fixing that until the tracks, cars and physics are all in a near final state.
Quote from Dajmin :One thing the AI is good for, is teaching you that there are other people on the track. They won't move for you, but generally neither will players.

So they teach you to go around people on corners when you need to

You have a link to prove that, or is it just rumour-causing speculation? Because we don't need any more of that.

As far as I can remember, we've been told about a graphic update for SO, but no specifics on a redesign or just retexturing (or even a date/patch estimate). And there has been nothing said about AI, since there's no point fixing that until the tracks, cars and physics are all in a near final state.

Scawen in AI in patch W35 thread:

Next thing on the list after patch X is to sort out the AI drivers. Although that's not what everyone cares about, there are a lot of people who do use single player.

The full post.

Crazy Bots!
(19 posts, started )
FGED GREDG RDFGDR GSFDG